Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

:-)

Hail Calvin
As someone who has never cared where he fit into the career path we call "professional aviator", I've been corporate and airline. I've always taken the best job available at the time.. I happen to be Part 121 at the moment, but I always keep an eye open for something better.

I was thinking of looking at corporate again (my employer is either going to be the "next best thing", or crater - it's not a legacy) and now the airline retirement age changes from 60 to 65.

Will this affect corporate hiring in any way? I was speaking to a friend who stayed in the corporate world and he indicates that they have been having no problem attracting young, well qualified pilots. Will the perceived lack of airline opportunities now make for even closer competition for good corporate jobs, or will the lack of age 60 airline retirees result in more opportunities in corporate?

what say you?

On a related note, where is the best location for today's corporate job seeker? I've been out of FBO's too long to have a good grasp of today's hot location.

Merry Christmas

GOOD corporate jobs have never had a problem attracting applicants. They all have a giant stack of resumes of people wanting to work for them. If anything it'll get more competitive. But in the corporate world, qualifications don't mean much. It's 100% about who you know.

I agree about the "who you know" aspect of corporate hiring. The changing retirement age shouldn't effect anything on the top side(age wise).....I've not seen an overwhelming desire to hire many airline guys since I made the switch, old or young.....especially the retired ones.

Not that it's a valid perception(I don't know) but older airline guys are seen to be even more inflexible and unwilling to do the jobs required by corporate flying.

Latest resources

Back