• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Parking ATL Atlantic

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This action was approved by the top management at Atlantic. So while you're at it, don't by fuel from any Atlantic Aviation properties and call the home office. Odd that the letter was addressed to all fractional pilots. I have seen several 121 pilots parking there and commuting.

I have a feeling the straw that broke the camels back was a recent NetJets pilot who parked there, loaded the wife, kids and luggage in Atlantics van and then headed off for vacation. Dumba$$ could have drop the family and bags off at the terminal, then parked there. A bit of discretion goes a long way.

When I worked at Swift this happened all the time. No one cared and the van drivers love the tips.

Say...would ya like to call and voice your displeasure?

It's 404.765.1300 to reach the front desk.

I just called and let them know it's "min fuel" from now on. I'll tanker in just to screw them out of gas sales. First they take away our only incentive to buy their crazy high priced gas with the new Atalntic Buck rules and now we can't park either?

Make the call and lend your support for your fellow pilots. Costs you 3 minutes at most. Make the call...

Yeah, we had some NJA guys start making calls over something some time ago. Maybe it was the new Bucks policy. I don't remember.

Didn't go so well. I believe they all got the Bridgeway 1 Arrival as we call it and the stewards did some dancing to save some jobs.

On second thought, if you're senior to me, CALL!!!

Here's the person to contact:

[email protected]
Vice President Sales and Marketing

I'm guessing if Ms. Sommers is brought into the loop, she will see to it the recent policy change is rescinded in ATL.

Or, if you don't like that one there are several other "Regional Directors" and "Regional Managers" listed on Atlantic Aviation's "Contact" page that you could also e-mail.

Ms. Sommers aready knows and was advised prior to Atlantic ATL advising the public of the policy change. The manager at ATL says they need the parking lot capacity for the increasing sports charter business. :rolleyes:

It sucks for us, hopefully it will change. I truly feel for the van drivers. There losing out on $5 each way from all of us. I hope all these "athletes" tip well as they get off the jet onto a bus!! :laugh:

Same issue happened in TPA a few years ago. The parking and transportation to the terminal were being abused by the families and friends of airline pilots and FA's. A few pointed questions to the freeloaders told the CSR's all they needed to know. We're different as we're a customer of the FBO. When I or my family travel on personal business we pay to park in long term. And I make sure the FBO knows it.

As someone else mentioned, discretion and a $5 tip (or more, given the cost of paying to park) and maybe pizzas sent to the line crew / CSR's every once and awhile will go a long way to preserving your park and ride, regardless of mgmt policy.

YMMV

As someone else mentioned, discretion and a $5 tip (or more, given the cost of paying to park) and maybe pizzas sent to the line crew / CSR's every once and awhile will go a long way to preserving your park and ride, regardless of mgmt policy.

YMMV
Last Christmas the CA pilots in ATL took up a collection and provided a Christmas dinner for the folks at Atlantic at ATL and Epps at PDK. I guess it will just be Epps this year.

Latest resources

Back