Parking at CLE

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

lmeeks

Does anyone know the best place (read: free) to park at CLE? I've got to park my car somewhere for 2 weeks while at sim training. Can you park at CGF and have FO pay for the ride to CLE?

Thanks.

Parking

You can either park at Air Services(an FBO at CLE) or you can park at CGF and they will get you to and from CLE. If you're going to park at CGF, call dispatch for the type of aircraft you will be flying, let them know what the situation is, and they will set you up with a ride when you need it. There is a company shuttle that runs back and forth, and if it is not available then they will set you up something(company paid, of course). We have several companies that are on contract to provide transportation between the two airports.

Ok, here's a dumb question:
Where do you park when you go on a trip. I know that that you can pick any airport. For argument sake call it ABC airport, where do you park? Does Flight Options pick up the tab? Or are you responsible for paying for the parking out of your per diem? Or is it on case by case basis. For example: you live in Los Angeles. But public parking at L.A. is say 11 dollars a day. But public parking at Burbank is 8 dollars per day. If the pilot is required to pick up the tab, I'd choose Burbank just to save that 3 dollars per day times the number of days I work per year. Or, do you just get to park for free from the FBO that Flight Options buys gas from when they swing through as part of their fuel contract? Or do they say we'll pick up your parking tab up to this amount, which may be less than what it actually costs? Or do they say, great, Los Angeles, park at "John Doe's World of Park," or whatever, and give them your employee number and they'll add it to our account. After all it's dispatch that controls when you get home, and I am sure that there are some cities - like a Los Angeles - that has lots of people living there. Just another dumb question from a Flight Options hopeful.
;)

Last edited:
Flight Options Parking

Flight Options does not pay for parking. You are on your own. Myself and many other park at the FBO and either walk, cab, or get a ride from the FBO to the terminal. Flight Options has said that if needed, they would help you try to set something up with the FBO. I guess that means they would make a phone call on your behalf.

If you choose to park in paid parking, it comes out of your pocket.

Parking

I park at the local FBO and walk over to the terminal. I check in with the FBO and let them know I am an Options Pilot. Options will work with the FBO to let you park for free in return they purchase fuel from the FBO. It works very well and the FBO's that I have parked at have no problem helping us out. If you catch a ride with the FBO to the terminal and back make sure you tip them well and expense the tip.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back