• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Paperless Cockpit Advisory Circular

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have the AC (AC 120-76A), but not sure how to get it over to you. It's probably too big for an attachment.

avbug said:
I have the AC (AC 120-76A), but not sure how to get it over to you. It's probably too big for an attachment.

I've got good bandwidth here if you're willing to try... Otherwise I'll bug the feds some more tomorrow to get their database back and running. I've been tasked with get the paperless idea approved and everything points to that AC. Hopefully we can get the XM units as well, feedback and .02 welcome.

Snoopy saves the day. I'm not sure what bandwidth is or how one sends things via it, but the direct link will probably work. I'm in a hotel with the phone cord stuck in the side of my computer...and the phone keeps quitting...probably not much chance to send anything.

Can something like that be sent via a PM here...or would one send it to an email through flightinfo?

avbug said:
Snoopy saves the day. I'm not sure what bandwidth is or how one sends things via it, but the direct link will probably work. I'm in a hotel with the phone cord stuck in the side of my computer...and the phone keeps quitting...probably not much chance to send anything.

Can something like that be sent via a PM here...or would one send it to an email through flightinfo?

To put it simply, bandwith is the size of your telephone cord. On the back of your computer, do you notice a wider/larger telephone jack? That's for an Ethernet cable, which will give you better connection speeds than that phone cord you have plugged in. Ethernet connections (at home, normally known as "DSL" or "Cable") are faster than the service you get over the telephone cord. They're also dedicated access lines that don't have to be turned on/off like a dialup.

Gotcha. Web sites are always talking about not having enough bandwidth. Does that mean they don't have a big enough cord, too?

The hotel room here doesn't have one of the wide cords, but I did change out the telephone cord just now, and that helped. I had wireless until recently, and now it doesn't seem to want to turn on. I probably ought to carry a big cord on the road...maybe that would help. Just lately it seems the thing has been disconnecting after every screen change. Very annoying.

Nope, I just looked. There's no way that I see the attach a file on flightinfo other than giving one's email address and doing it directly or through AIM/ICQ/YAHOO.

These days all of our crews have (finially) started asking the hotels if they have free high speed. There was nothing like going to Aspen for a week and having no internet connectivity.

The nine bucks a day or so that hotels charge, after charing for the room, is ridiculous...so it's the old phone cord again.

Latest resources

Back