Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

treetop flyer

Greetings:

Has anyone ever used the Panther C.A.T. headset in the CRJ? My D/C's are starting to get uncomfortable and I've heard these Panther headsets are quite remarkable.
Does anyone have any comments about them?

Thanks...TF

re headsets

Try http://www.quiettechnologies.com/ 's version called AuriComm's. I love 'em - Good enough for a B-100 so they should be ok for a CRJ. No more headset hair, and they're less than 3 ozs total weight.

I know a captain who flies a CRJ with the C.A.T.s and loves them. I use them in a Seneca II and have had no problems. Very comfortable and lightweight. Gotta keep your ears clean though.

Last edited:
I had a pair of quiet tech's aurocomm. They're light, a bit cheaper than CAT, and can be worn by anyone (earpiece is replaceable). However, the wiring on the headset is a bit flimsy. The noise impedence is as good as my DC, but i don't think it's as good as other ANR headset. So either no headset hair, or lose your hearing, take your pick:)

Re: the AuriComms

I had the conforming earplugs and yes - they were not the best - I upgraded to the plug type ear mold - what a difference. They also offer more stability (stability of the boom that is) in the ear canal. P.S. the price is right too.

Latest resources

Back