Panama Central America

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

newmei

Anybody ever fly into Tocumen Intl in Panama City Panama commerically (as a pilot). Can you give me a day in the life.
Thanks

Sorta of like......
What airline were you flying for? What days did you fly there how often? Did you like it? Where'd you stay etc.

There are alot of birds are'nt there?

Back when you guys were in diapers there was an airline called Eastern Airlines. At one time we carried more passengers per year then any carrier in the world. There was no radar south of Miami, everything was controlled manually. You flew the airplane 727 at .84 and fuel was cheap, cheap, cheap. I remember flying in an EAL airplane and making fun of American as they just didn't know the tricks to flying down there. We have half of Copa Airlines working where I work now. They paid first officers about 1200.00 per month and Captain's 3000.00 per month. The FA's are pretty, so enjoy...

Copa flys where you fly? hmmm
You mean the whole partnership thing with Contential Airlines?

I'm sure it was lots of fun to fly down there (depending on what year it was) It takes a special person to fly down there and talk to the controllers. I lived down there with the military and flew a little, general aviation. I was in right seat (not PIC) in a C-170 after a engine failure at 700 agl. Went into a rice paddy being wet like panama was, we went over. That was just east of Tocumen, right below where'd they turn you 090 and up to 5000 after departing 3R.

Always nice to here a few stories
Thanks

MPTO

There is a company who still has yankee pilots based in Panama, you should check it out once you get 135 mins. The girls are still lovely. Drop me an email.

Latest resources

Back