Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PanAm flight academy or Aeroservice Int.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ruppleon

Hi All,
I am trying to find out more about each one of these companies. I am looking at a 737-200 or 300 type rating and finishing up my ATP at the same time. I am looking for the best of the two schools. Not having any Turbine or jet time I will need good instructors and a strong course structure.

The two companies are:
PanAm International Flight Academy in south Florida and
Aeroservice Airline Simulator Training in south Florida

Any information and person experiences with these companies would make my choice a lot better.

thank you for your time and help

Pan AM

Dealt with Pan Am Academy a couple of years ago. I was in their Learjet 'program'. I was NOT impressed. It might be different in their airliner programs. Scheduling was always last minute and changed drasticly up until sim time. And the biggest beef I had was the instructors. The ones I dealt with were all 'English is a second lauguage'. While I do not normally have an issue with that, it becomes an issue when they discuss your performance among themselves in front of you in a language you do not understand. I feel that is a lack of manners at the very least. Also I found them not to be too knowledgable of the ATC system.

737 Type ratings

I teach at higher Power Aviation in Dallas texas. great school great people. they will treat you right. the program is intense but the pass rate is in the high 90 percents. You get the books in advance and have to do home study before attending.7 days ground school, an Oral, 5 sims a LOFT and a checkride. They even give you to free lunches too. Highly reccomend them.

Craig

training

Hi All,
I cannot thank you for the replys that I have received so far on PanAm. Seems like they have had some issues in the past. I have some time but not much before I select one of the two companies so if anyone else has any reviews on PanAm flight academy and/or Aeroservice International for type ratings I would love it.

I want the most educated choice I can make.

Thank you again
Lenny:)

K & S Aviation

I've heard that K & S Aviation Services in Phoenix is the place to go for a 737 type, especially if you're applying to Southwest. The place is run by a Southwest pilot. He reportedly trains its way and has all the gouge.

Good luck with your choice.

all

All of the ones mentioned here are excellent schools. They will all get the job done for you.

I did my 73 course at Aeroservice in Miami last November. I found the training to be pretty good. The trick is you have to be WELL prepared for the course. They will send you the books in advance and the momory items as well. How you do in the class is dependant on how well you prepare.

The course there is really set up for someone on the 73 already. (the two week course). You can expect long days and it is like drinking water out of a fire hose training. They prepared me for the checkride very well. Remember this is a checkride and not a gift. (I had the FAA sitting on on my ride.) They do have a longer course which will give you more time to study and prepare(three weeks). The cost was much cheaper than PanAm. They called me six months after my training just to checkup on me which I thought was nice.

Another thing that they offer is if you do the course and you are in the pool at SWA, they will allow you to sit in the groundschool again if you wish at no charge. Like I said I did mine last November and I am still in the pool. Sounds like I will probably take them up on the offer to sit in the groundschool again. Since I live in the Miami area the housing allowance that they figure in the training was deducted from the class cost. So I saved a few hundred dollars.

Goodluck with what you decide.

LearAv8r-

I was in a 727 flight engineer class a few years back at Aero Services, it was so bad I left after the first week and gladly gave them my deposit and kept my check for 5K.

Really do some investigation before going to them.

Good luck.

yeah I have to second that on the 72 course. I have had some friends who went there for the 72 and it wasn't any good. But as for the 737-300 course it was a lot better. When I was there the sim was in decent shape and everything worked.

Again good luck

LearAv8r-

Latest resources

Back