Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

usaair12

OK,

As I read through the threads, I'm getting good and bad about Pan Am Flight. After talking with them, they qutoed me approx 47K for everything beyond a Private. Even though that sounds very high, it's in the ball park with everyone else I've talked with and they offer more hours (340TT) with (145) Multi. Has anyone out there attended Pan Am for instrument and beyond and if so, what is your opinion?

Avaion Academy

You could how ever come to sanford @ Avaion academy and get the same thing done for a more reasonable price.

Also would recive the same level of instruction, but on more of a personal note not be pressured to fly.

You will how ever be treated like and adult , and not a kid, as do some air academys,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I was able finish up my instrument rating there in only a couple of weeks, and feel that i got more personal attention from my instructor , than if i would have satyed at comair,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,.

Now flying a BE76 Duchess twin and rite on course to finish my multi pvt, with instr. in a few weeks, hop a few cross country flights and commerical twin, in 15 hrs,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

fly safe,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:cool:

Last edited:
try ALL ATPs

After talking with them, they qutoed me approx 47K for everything beyond a Private. Even though that sounds very high, it's in the ball park with everyone else I've talked with and they offer more hours (340TT) with (145) Multi.

You should be able to get your ratings for a LOT LESS than that.
I would suggest looking into ALL ATP's. (allatps.com) I think their current program is running around $32k. Their completion time is 90 days for all your ratings excluding the private, and you will get well over 100hrs of multiengine time. Granted, you won't get a formalized ground school like you would at Pan Am, but you also won't have to pay $7,000 for CRJ sim time you don't need. Plus, Pan Am's program is approximately 12-14months. Compare that to 90days at ATPs. You'd save a great deal of time and money. But keep in mind, that fast pace kind of training isn't for everyone.

Just a suggestion. Good luck with your decision.

FSI

Just for grins, check out FlightSafety Academy in Vero. It may be Pan Am's most direct competitor. I worked there and can vouch for the program. Cost, including Private, is comparable to Pan Am. Instead of the CRJ training, which won't do you much good now, you can get acro and unusual attitudes training. It is included in the course and will do you good for the rest of your flying career.

Good luck with your choice.

Latest resources

Back