Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

KingAirer

USER
Heard "clipper Connection" last week in the mid tweenties so Im guessing PanAm is not operated by Boston Maine? Did the pan am pilots get screwed over by non union J31 drivers who agreed to fly the 727 to bypass the union?

If your name is any indication of what you fly then what the hell were you doing up there? No wonder I can't climb to altitude without a level off.

Yes you are right.

The Pan Am pilots did get screwed by the managment at PAA/Boston-Maine. It is all still in the courts, but, for now that is exactly what happened. They shut down Pan Am on Oct 31st to get rid of the union. Boston-Maine is operating 727's with the big PAN AM globe on it and PAN AM billboard titles on the side...you will just see little writing on the front with "Clipper Connection".

Really too bad, the Pan Am folks were a great bunch to work with.

I was a mech for almost 5 years at $16 an hour but the place was great. Close to home and everybody loved it and got along. Then the old man(fink) Lost his mind. I know people in upper mgt. making 80+ who quit to work a job in the 30's because the old man lost his mind. Hes a raving lunatic who has as much business running an airline as I do fly ing the space shuttle... Now wait a minute... hmmm!

Hey guys, I feel dome for asking but.... This pan am airline, is this the same Pan Am from the past? what's the deal? I've seen their 727s same paint job...some as the old.

Definitely NOT the PanAm of the past. This carrier just purchased the rights to fly with the same logo of the past. Two COMPLETELY different operations here.

Latest resources

Back