• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pan Am

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
a guy named 80/20 on here helped me out alot when i was looking for information about flying outside the US. i found something inside the country however outside the country i was still unqualified for. theres a few places. at least a good one in Florida. where you can get your JAA and ICAO ATP equavalent (i just cant remember its name at the moment....atpl?). its no picnic. its alot of work. its questions on the test like "explain the world and give 3 working examples" along side other questions asking you to design-engineer the engines youll be flying. i suggest looking up some responses hes given on here about such things. ill PM you his response to me about my questions if i still have it.

anyway the testing is thorough. but good.

yeah the hey-day is over.
i hope things get back together to how they used to be. i miss the time when pan-am and twa pilots were gods in the 60's. even though i was not alive till the 70's....I STILL MISS IT! nowdays ground crew and ops personnel and scheduling/dispatch give lip and slack off. they try to manipulate you into doing a trip or helping out and they hope you dont know your contract or regulations as well as you whould. although now the winter is over, things are getting better. somewhere we became employees and not pilots.

I posted in another response somewhere that the only group that looks at us and respects us are children that fly.....their parents kindly smile as they push their kids past the cockpit and dont let em stop. (but then the passengers are cattle driven on and off the airplanes these days)

heck, some of the backwater places we fly these days are different worlds apart from where you left......is that good enough?....well....depends on how whimsical i feel that day.

anyway guy, ive rembled on enough. good luck finding that world job....

check out Gemini cargo. some of their routes go to Berlin, then South africa, then back to the USA. imagine that one eh? senior fed-ex and ups get world route chances....DHL as well. its freight. but youre a world travelling pilot. check it out.

Latest resources

Back