Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

HOURBUILDER

flyingsaucer
I have been feeling a disturbing pain all along my jaw for the past month and it is not going away.
It mainly hurt me when i eat
I was thinking it may be related to flying, anyone has ever felt that?, and any suggestion on what to do?

Thanks

Started having the same prob last year, had to have a wisdom tooth extracted. It was the only was that wasnt fully encased in the jaw bone. Still get it from time to time and I'm pretty sure it is from clinching/ grinding my teeth at night. Guess I gotta go see the dentist......again!!!!

thanks for the info
it does sound like TMJ and going to the dentist next week
Save yourself the time and cash. Go to the sports store and buy a football mouth guard. Form fit it, and sleep with it in your mouth.

The dentist wants to "build" you a "splint" but it's nothing more than a mouth guard.

Years ago, the military wouldn't admit individuals for pilot training if they had fillings. This was due to the potential for air (or pressure) to get trapped in the filling and casue pain as the pilot ascended.

Your case may be a tooth that needs to come out (root canal, wisdon toothm etc.) or it may be related to a filling that is less than perfect which is causing some discomfort by trapping a pressure differential.

Same problem here over the past few days, but its only on the right side of my jaw, just under my ear. I was told it's either stress related or TMJ.

Put your hand under your jaw and push up at the same time trying to open your mouth. This will give temporary relief if it's the same TMJ problem I have.

I have just been told that I have TMJ and your symptoms certainly point in that direction. I tried to save a buck and buy an athletic mouth guard but the discomfort and pain didn't subside so I shelled out the cash for one from my dentist. I was also told to take Advil (800mg) three times a day to reduce inflamation. It seems to be working. Good luck.

Latest resources

Back