• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Package Express

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Job? what the he11 is that? Thats why the wife works.....................it's beer and sitting on the couch watching soap opra's all day for me.

Freightdog75 said:
Job? what the he11 is that? Thats why the wife works.....................it's beer and sitting on the couch watching soap opra's all day for me.

f'n pilot losers...sounds like fun though

We were shafted

Yeah, the (former) Package Express pilots really got shafted in this deal. First of all they originally told us that the pay would remain the same, then they renigged and cut our pay. For those that were on the old pay scale, they really got screwed. I am talkin about we were bent over and given it dry, no lube. Then, come to find out, some of us were not covered by any medical insurance after the date of 7/31/05. Ram Ex knew about this and told no one. After making some phone calls I found out that they were required to tell us, and that even Package might of been required to offer us alternatives in the mean time until our new insurance kicked in. That is kind of a gray area. Better check to see if your covered now, don't find out the hard way like some of us. Also after land e-mail last week by our new cheif pilot, I am starting to think that some people in the upper levels there think we are 3rd rate pilots. It seemed to cause alot of uproar. We appreciate the apologies by Lotta and John, but we need to hear something from the CP.

The beatings will continue until moral approves

On a lighter note, I miss Bill and Julie, hope they are doing well

Where did you end up going Ken?

T-Storm Chaser said:
Then, come to find out, some of us were not covered by any medical insurance after the date of 7/31/05. Ram Ex knew about this and told no one. After making some phone calls I found out that they were required to tell us, and that even Package might of been required to offer us alternatives in the mean time until our new insurance kicked in.

I hadn't even thought about the insurance thing. I'll be calling BCBS tommrow to se if I'm still covered. If not youy can bet I'll be making two phone class, one to our "new home office" and one a lawyer. This is B.S. for them to take money out of our chekcs for health care and then not to provide it.
This Ram Ex thing is one F-ed up operation

Ram is doing what it can right now... We all took at pay cut at Ram about 3 months ago, and we all survived. I know it sucks. I didn't like the pay cut either. They have always been hard on us with our 6 month checks and we have been reminded in the past to keep it tight on those and not take it for granted that we will pass. This wasn't something meant to insult you guys. I've gotten that email a few times while I've been here. We all must be doing well, considering we're fr8t doggin' it in all kinds of weather!! Ram air really is a good company and they(we) are good people... give the transistion some time and I hope you'll all see that...

Does anyone know where Karen from Package is? Does she still work for the company?

-W

Latest resources

Back