pack lunch vs buy for 10% discount

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

lamppost

im new to the regional bus. How many of you pack food for your trips, or do you just buy food on the road spending your hard earned per diam?
does food keep for an entire trip?
any input is helpful:)

Hmm, depends on the perishability of the food. Also, do you have the ability to carry a large enough cooler that will provide enough food for a four day trip (Coleman makes a nice cooler with four wheels that will roll nicely through the terminal)? Anyway, good luck and enjoy your food.

I actually do carry quite a bit of food with me. I do it for the simple fact that you if you eat Wendys or Popeyes eveyday you won't be very healthy towards the end of your career. Tuna, Cannned chicken, fruit, you just have to be creative. Many time your hotel is near a grocery store that you can go replenish your supplies with.

I would pack food that is not perishable. I always keep a bowl and bread with me so that i can make my own tuna sandwich on the road. I also take a pack of capri-sun (dont laugh at me:), snacks, and sometimes canned foods. Its alot cheaper and healthier when i dont eat at the local airport. Dont get me wrong, i like to go out once every three days but its just not economically feasible. Plus, i love to snack in the middle of the night while watching my favourite showtime flick.

Eventually you will work out a nice diet plan and find out what is best for you through trial and error. You just have to choose between eating good or eating healthy.

I carry those new packs of tuna and salmon as well as other non-perishable items like beef jerky and dried fruit. Backpacking style food works great. Check out the local hotels for weddings and parties to crash for good buffet food too. You're cousin Joe from the opposite coast.

whitecloud,

I never thought of that but thats a great idea about crashing weddings:)

So do you keep a nice tux in your flightbag or do you just wear your standard tie with your uniform?

Living the dream!

By the time we're 15 years into this career we may be able to afford to properly nourish ourselves and eat like grown ups in fancy "sit down" restaurants instead of carrying around MRE's.

I aspire at age 60 to purchase my own automobile to take into retirement and on until death. I know, I know... big dreams, they keep me going.

Sir Humpalot,

STANFORD SUCKS!!!!!!!!

GO BEARS!!!!!!

I'll see you in November!!!!

Sincerely,

UCB Alumni

Sir Humpalot said:
whitecloud,

I never thought of that but thats a great idea about crashing weddings:)

So do you keep a nice tux in your flightbag or do you just wear your standard tie with your uniform?
Wedding receptions vary quite a bit. Do whatever it takes to fit in and not be noticed. The hotel staff could usually care less and lots of distant relatives who don't know each other are usually there. Corporate parties are great too. No one knows anyone else so just ask a lot of questions and excuse yourself to the men's room when the questions turn toward you.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back