PacificWings

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
airplane.tape said:
last month infact he made 7000$ in commission answering the phone and taking all the charter calls even on his day off... and the rampers are left with there little 400$ pay check, of course it is fare he have do to some extra side work, he urned it.

So what are "his" initials? C.H.? G.K.? I can't seem to keep up with the goings on at PW but admit I've flown them to interview at WP when the Dash was a no-show. Was an ok experience with P.E. (now gone) in the left seat on the way over and C.H. on the way back. Flew in the 402s too.

I believe in equal opportunism ... flew HA, AQ, and tried to get over to HNL on WP but PW always fit my budget. Never met GK but CH seemed ok. Maybe he's gone now too.

I see their commercials and it seems like a cheesy operation, but I was thinking about applying for some flying on my days off to see more of the islands. I have all the time I need flying widebody transpacific, so I'm not looking for time or money, just sightseeing.

Would the company even consider someone part-time to fill the seat?

Thanks!
SM

Slippery Mick said:
I see their commercials and it seems like a cheesy operation, but I was thinking about applying for some flying on my days off to see more of the islands. I have all the time I need flying widebody transpacific, so I'm not looking for time or money, just sightseeing.

Thanks!
SM
YGTBSM.........

Remember when I was flying freight the company bought a 402 from PW. Corrosions everywhere.

8AF said:
Remember when I was flying freight the company bought a 402 from PW. Corrosions everywhere.

Either a good deal on the 402 or a lousy pre-buy. Gots to watch for corrosions.

Slippery Mick said:

Thanks!
SM

They have a great deal for you, $184.15 from OGG to HNL and back via Hana. Should satisfy your sight seeing quest and maybe they'll let you sit in the right seat and wear headsets too. Won't even tarnish your transpac logbook since you can probably log it in your diary instead.

"I'm not a loser, I'm a failure. A loser is someone who never tried."

Av8tortype, I'll be using this line from now on...Thanks for summing everything up it to one succinct line...it will save me a lot of time talking to people.

As far as PW is concerned if they'd lower their mins to 260tt I'd beg them for their brand of abuse. I'll sit right seat and simulate operating a gear lever just so they can see I'm serious.

gsrcrsx68 said:
"I'm not a loser, I'm a failure. A loser is someone who never tried."

Av8tortype, I'll be using this line from now on...Thanks for summing everything up it to one succinct line...it will save me a lot of time talking to people.

As far as PW is concerned if they'd lower their mins to 260tt I'd beg them for their brand of abuse. I'll sit right seat and simulate operating a gear lever just so they can see I'm serious.
gsrcrsx68 - if you want to end up with 1000 plus hours of worthless time in your logbook go ahead and work at PW. With just 260 TT you wouldn't upgrade there for at least that long, which would probably take you at least a year and half. No other company would hire you with 1000 hrs of SIC time in a Caravan. You'll also come out of there flat broke on how little they'll pay you.

Get your CFI or at least 400 hrs of TT and then try to find a better job - banner towing, traffic watch, ect - virtually any job could be better than PW. I have known 2 guys who worked there and one quit 3 months into his contract because of how horrible the working conditions were out there. You'll make more $ and at least you can log PIC time, which even in a 172, would look better than SIC in a Caravan ... just my 2 cents.

Im the guy who was canned. I loved the flying. the van is a great airplane. the islands are awesome and everyone except the kid with the spooge (jizm) patch is awesome. even the chief pilot who was always more than fair to me was a pleasure to work for. Management, for how small the company is was incredible, they never got in my hair till they told me i had to shave my beard (cause it intimidated the kid with the jizm patch). for the sic's, I'd say it completely sucks- though they are some of the best people ive ever flown with. the pay for captains is survivable you wont be getting ahead by any means. and no chance for a pay raise.
some amazing dating oportunitys also- I met my fiance there- thats why i got canned- i dont have knee pads and i can grow a beard.
as for the jizm kid making $7000 one month- i have one thing to say about that. KNEE PADS
anyone can im me id love to share what i know- i enjoyed the place

Latest resources

Back