pacific wings guys

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

duffman

can anyone currently working for or a former pilot at Pac Wings give me the lowdown on what its like working there. I'm primarily looking for CA info. Have any post 911 jumpseats been restored for mainland travel?

Can you give me a cost of living idea for Maui. I know the whole right-seat deal just need someone to fill in the blanks. I hear new 208s on the way for last q of 2002 pending Fed approval.

thanks to all

First, the only jumpseat that has been restored is Northwest, although ATA and Suntrips (Ryan Air) will let Pacific Wings pilots jumpseat to the west coast. So far, ther is no jumpseat on Hawaiian or Aloha, which were the airlines that most pilots here used to use.

Are you thinking about a captain or SIC position?

Maui is pretty expensive, a 1-2 bedroom apartment runs about 800-1000 dollars/month, and food etc. is more than in the mainland, but the captain pay is not too bad.

Sounds like they should be getting the caravans too.

Thinking about Captain, but under the circumstances I couldnt pick it all up and move for awhile so the jumps were a necessity in the near term. The guy I talked to basically told me NW was good to go but was really vague about anyone. If I had a firm list I'd be stoked or pre 9/11 but oh well. are you currently there? and if so how do you see them overall (financially, pilot/management relationships) thanks in advance.

another idea

if you're going to come to hawaii with turboprop experience and 3800 hours... why dont you apply at Aloha Island Air? they are a part 121 carrier, you can jumpseat on everyone (in the back).

they're going to be having another class next month and probably a couple more this summer.

www.islandair.com

check it out...

Do they live up to their 1500/500 times? I work with a guy whose uncle used to be the President of Island Air. He keeps telling me that he will call him. Would that help. I have almost 1100/200. I have a lot of connections to the islands too. Should I send them a resume?

captbuzzard,

Although i dont know anything about island air.....i would say that you should send your resume. The worst they can say is no....not any worse off than you are now.

Hey, they might even call you...stranger things have happened. Your connections may help to...give it a shot.

1900cpt

the 1500/500 deal...

by all means apply. those 1500/500 mins are just what they'd like to see. they have hired people with less than those times before.

the worst that could happen is nothing.... if it works out, you get to fly a dash 8 for a while.

Latest resources

Back