Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

P180 Belly Landing at HPN this Morning - Was it Avantair?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't know why the gear didn't come down initially. I'm sure though that if we kick it around long enough on flightinfo the facts will come out. :)

I think it was the action of the copilot, the way he moved the gear lever...Those darn copilots

If you listen to the audio at liveatc.net you'll discover that the crew put the gear down but had an unsafe indication. They did a low pass before deciding to land gear up.

This wasn't an inadvertent gear up.

If you listen to the audio at liveatc.net you'll discover that the crew put the gear down but had an unsafe indication. They did a low pass before deciding to land gear up.

yea I was joking when I wrote that

i knew it wasn't inadvertent but
if it's a mechanical problem i'd like to know what to look for , and nobody is saying anything

?????

Why are all you guys in such a panic about why the gear didn't come down? Know your airplane's systems and how they work, follow the checklist if you have a problem, and then do what these guys did if the gear won't come down- plunk it down on the belly. You guys are worse than babies with your gossip and speculation.

And to the people who are complaining about the airport being shut down- F you.

Why are all you guys in such a panic about why the gear didn't come down? Know your airplane's systems and how they work, follow the checklist if you have a problem, and then do what these guys did if the gear won't come down- plunk it down on the belly. You guys are worse than babies with your gossip and speculation.

And to the people who are complaining about the airport being shut down- F you.
no speculation, it WAS hydraulics, you don't care what exactly broke?

Latest resources

Back