Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CrimsonEclipse said:
ACK!!

Now what will the Pines Police do on Friday nights?

CE

Call the COPS t.v. film crew and head on out to the Trailer Park on US27.

MFRskyknight said:
Well the way I figure it, people don't have an inherent need to aviate, but they do have to get silly drunk...and hence stumble into my restaurant at 3am to eat.
:beer:

Are you opening a Waffle House? :D

It is fairly easy to make money running an FBO, lots of people post about about good money making FBO's on this board. Those would be the posts about asshole FBO owners and their shoddy maintainence, poor customer service, and the horrible way in which they treat their employees.

If you want to be loved running an FBO you probably won't make any money at it, but I know a couple people who I wouldn't piss on if they were on fire who have made plenty of money doing it.

777-2H4 said:
What's it like to own an FBO?

Hours of pure paperwork boredom punctuated by occasional moments of stark raving terror accented by the knowledge that one single mistake by someone else can cause the loss of the business, your ability to earn a living, and anything you might own.

777-2H4 said:
Can you really make money with it as a business, if you have rentals, instruction, fuel, maybe some hangars? Are small local FBO's decent profit makers?

Having the only fuel service on the field is a good way to do it. Flight instruction and rentals give about two choices - either the dirtiest, sleaziest, and cheapest operation out there OR the absolute top end pristine highest price operation. The middle tends to not break even.

Also....on a related note, is the high price of fuel having a negative impact on general aviation & fixed base operators, since it is getting so expensive to fly?

For the middle folks, yes. For the cheap operations, a little. For the top end operations, no.

Fly SAFE!
Jedi Nein

Slice121 said:
Are you opening a Waffle House? :D
I would... but I can't find any 94-year-old cooks with open sores and pendulum boogers, so I guess I'm going to have to settle for hot chicks and falafel. :cool:

MFR

Latest resources

Back