Overview of NetJets TA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Odd question:

First off congrats, I hope it passes, glad its overwith.

In the current agreement from 1998, are the hiring mins set in there, or is that the companys discression?

And has that changed in the new agreement?

Apilot said:
Odd question:

In the current agreement from 1998, are the hiring mins set in there, or is that the companys discression?

The mins are set by NJA and there is no mention in the T/A. The numbers are hard and fast, no exceptions.

HD

So for new hires that get hired after the TA is ratified, the company will assign you a domicile, get the company change it after that?

It sounds that this will affect the new hires plus the bottom 30% pilot group. When will the company let you know of the domicile?
Thanks guys

I just left Netjets - 28 days ago and wish you guys the best!!

I have to admit that it stings a little to know that I put up with all the crap for 4-years and don't have anything to show for it (i.e. 40K) but am proud to say I walked the line with my brothers in DAL even after I resigned my position.

Hope things work out for everyone :)

LR45JI said:
I just left Netjets - 28 days ago and wish you guys the best!!

I have to admit that it stings a little to know that I put up with all the crap for 4-years and don't have anything to show for it (i.e. 40K) but am proud to say I walked the line with my brothers in DAL even after I resigned my position.

Hope things work out for everyone :)

Dude -

Why didn't you take an LOA?

It might not have been that simple.

Thanks for walking the walk in DAL.

Lord Wakefield said:
Holiday pay = $150

But at least the get the right day

Just amended via an LOU to 1 extended days pay. For someone here 5 yrs that's about $700 bucks.

FLYLOW22 said:
Just amended via an LOU to 1 extended days pay. For someone here 5 yrs that's about $700 bucks.

Which LOU? I didn't see that. Looks like the company may be learning. I would be will to pay $150 to be home on the holidays

Grizz,

Hindsight is always 20/20; a LOA might have been my best bet but I certainly had no intention of ever coming back and I don't regret my decision.

However, it was that simple! My "Fun-Meter" was pegged out and it was time to go. I went to work and "Flew the Pledge" but working at NJA wasn't fun anymore. When that happens, it's time to go and I did. The 90K+ will help for a while but in 6-12 months there are going to be just as many unhappy people as there are today (OK, maybe a few less). Maybe things will get back to how they use to be but I doubt it - there is still the never-ending bureaucratic BS to put up with everyday.

There are pro's and con's to the move I made but I am much happier where I am now.

Apilot said:
Odd question:

The stated minimums are 2500 hrs total, 500 hrs fixed-wing multi and 250 hrs instrument. An ATP and 1st class medical are also required. See this link: http://www.netjets.com/News%20and%20Info/careers_pilots.asp

I did ask about the 2500 hr total time figure during my interview last year and was told it's an insurance requirement.

Fozzy said:
Which LOU? I didn't see that. Looks like the company may be learning. I would be will to pay $150 to be home on the holidays

Not printed yet. It's being worked out right now in the language clean-up. Coming attractions.

Latest resources

Back