Overseas jobs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rumpletumbler

I keep hearing "there are jobs overseas if you're willing to go"......not to me directly just overheard on various boards.

Are there overseas jobs available for low time pilots?

I only have about 1140 hours, 105 Instrument, 67 night, 120 multi.

550 of that is in the last year.

Does that qualify for any job overseas?

overseas stuff

With your current total time, and overseas position would probably be difficult to find, considering the amount of experienced folks looking for work, who have logged that type of flying before. Does not mean you could not make it, but "most
operators are looking for a mentor pilot or an experienced pilot to replace the experienced pilot who is leaving or has left. The Middle East has slowed up, as well as India, the Chinese are still looking , but again it is the time on type situation..

Keep trying, Good Luck

Thanks. I thought that would be the case.

I've really been looking forward to something like Airnet or Flight Express (now combined) but things aren't looking very good right now.

Hopefully when I meet 135 IFR minimums things will be better.

550 of that is in the last year.

That's some good flight time in one year when your trying build. Stay where your at until you have something "for sure" lined up.

My buddy went to India to fly a King Air. India has a policy/law that requires at least 50% of the pilots to be Indian. So he is the PIC/mentor like some one else said, and they throw 100 hour pilots in there and pay them nothing. He does well though. $90,000 a year and they pay his taxes (basically tax free) housing provided, maid service 3 times a week, ect... He hates it but just needs to pay off all his debt and then he'll come back.

www.insitu.com for UAV jobs
General Atomics for UAV jobs

And last but not least check out Dynamic Aviation.

Iraq / Afghanistan. I'm here now as a systems engineer on intel collection systems for DoD (post AF retirement job) and making 62K per month. What can I say - its safe, its clean, hot food, decent loving conditions, and a bnch of really good Brits / Aussies/ and Americans providing security for our team...Their stories alone are well worth it...No beer but lots of BBQs and fishing in the afternoons...

I have no complaints...I'm banking the money and will return to Ft. Bragg and then get on a 4 month deployed 8 months at Bragg rotation after my 15 months here in country are over...

Its not the life I imagined but other americans are hurting and I'm just glad I have a good job I enjoy and money is not a concern...

www.insitu.com for UAV jobs
General Atomics for UAV jobs

And last but not least check out Dynamic Aviation.

Iraq / Afghanistan. I'm here now as a systems engineer on intel collection systems for DoD (post AF retirement job) and making 62K per month. What can I say - its safe, its clean, hot food, decent loving conditions, and a bnch of really good Brits / Aussies/ and Americans providing security for our team...Their stories alone are well worth it...No beer but lots of BBQs and fishing in the afternoons...

I have no complaints...I'm banking the money and will return to Ft. Bragg and then get on a 4 month deployed 8 months at Bragg rotation after my 15 months here in country are over...

Its not the life I imagined but other americans are hurting and I'm just glad I have a good job I enjoy and money is not a concern...

62K a month AND decent loving conditions?

wow...

CE

Latest resources

Back