Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

zuka

freight doggy dog
Hi, I've got a FAA CFI and somebody in the UK is asking me to help him do his Instrument rating.

I've been flying 135 and 121 for the past few years.

I know the TSA requires you to verify citizenship with a passport or get a clearance or authorization for foreigners but what if you are providing instruction overseas? do you still need a TSA clearnace? I haven't reviewed this regulation lately and wondering if somebody can advise the in relation to instructing overseas. I'm a US citizen, he is a British passport holder.

I think I would have to be flying a N registered aircraft to be providing instruction with my FAA CFI.

Any other things I should consider?

Last edited:
TSA Requirements

You must follow the TSA rules no matter where in the world you teach a student using your CFI in a "N" registered aircraft. Go to the TSA website to get the details. If you need any more help, let me know. [email protected]

Hi, I've got a FAA CFI and somebody in the UK is asking me to help him do his Instrument rating.

I've been flying 135 and 121 for the past few years.

I know the TSA requires you to verify citizenship with a passport or get a clearance or authorization for foreigners but what if you are providing instruction overseas? do you still need a TSA clearnace? I haven't reviewed this regulation lately and wondering if somebody can advise the in relation to instructing overseas. I'm a US citizen, he is a British passport holder.

I think I would have to be flying a N registered aircraft to be providing instruction with my FAA CFI.

Any other things I should consider?[/QUOTE]

Latest resources

Back