Overseas Contract Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JokerFuel

If there are any pilots out there working a contract gig out there, I've got a few questions. If you don't mind PM me and I'll ask them indirectly. Thinking about signing on with ACASS.

Watch your back. Not sure what type of equipment your opertaing, but substandard pay and your contract better be worded perfectly. My personal opinion? Network to the best of your ability and stay far, far away from ACASS.

Watch your back. Not sure what type of equipment your opertaing, but substandard pay and your contract better be worded perfectly. My personal opinion? Network to the best of your ability and stay far, far away from ACASS.

this is quite the common review of Acass. I however have been lucky and had albeit only 2 trips with them, both were good experiences. money was on time and the day rate was industry standard. First class ticket, 4-5 star hotels. everyone i spoke with on the phone at Acass was helpful & friendly.

Ive had 2 friends on the Global that were extended without consent, one nearly lost his full time job. Im sure there are several great stories as well, just be warned. Good luck!

I've heard India can be tricky. Cases of people getting all the way there only to find out the terms have changed. You're stuck and they know it. Keep that in mind.

Like with everything in life, treat ACASS as you would expect to be treated and you'll have no issues at all.

When I was unemployed for a bit, I did some work for them and never had one issue. Extremely pleasant group of people to deal with and if they are in a spot where they really, really need you, there is always room for negotiating terms. I never had terms changed on me mid trip. If they wanted to extend you, they asked you and if you said no, end of story.

Money was on time as promised. As far as being substandard. Not too sure about that. Most of these type of contract employers are on par with what the current market is doing. It seems the 30k for 30 days you'll only find if you can deal directly with the aircraft operator. I haven't seen a 30k for 30 day gig out there in a long time.

Pilots are our own worst enemy. We've taking the gigs for less and now the industry knows that there are plenty out there that will. Nature of the beast.

Feel free to pm me with any concerns and I'll answer what I can.

Dealt with ACASS a few years ago with positive impression. Pay on time and fair. They've contacted me again for short term contract (Lagos) which I flatly turned down, not because of them but the region. Good luck!

Same topic, slightly different question...

How is liability insurance covered in contract gigs? Do they add the specific pilot name to the company insurance policy or is there a letter of indemnity?

I've looked at doing some contract work & wondered about my own liability under a worst-case scenario...thanks for any info!!

Like with everything in life, treat ACASS as you would expect to be treated and you'll have no issues at all.

It seems the 30k for 30 days you'll only find if you can deal directly with the aircraft operator. I haven't seen a 30k for 30 day gig out there in a long time.

I agree completely with the above statement. Equipment dependant, I have found that ACASS ran in some cases 30% less than when you deal with a company personally. Networking, the only way to get ahead these days:)

Latest resources

Back