Outlook Problem

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CCDiscoB

Here's a question for you computer experts. My Outlook Express stopped working. I look at my account info and the POP info seems correct, and the server is working. I can see my messages when I check the account on the web. My wife's account/Outlook works on her computer, but for some reason my e-mail stopped working. Any ideas?

you'll have to provide more info than "it doesn't work"

what doesn't work? it isnt' retrieving messages from pop server? when you click send/receive what does it say? any errors?

Let us know what the error message says and we'll be able to help.

Outlook can do some funky things when you get a windows update.. Something may need to be reconfigured.

I did, no workie.

Error codes:
The host 'smpt.east.cox.net' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'pop.east.cox.net', Server: 'smpt.east.cox.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11004, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

A time-out occurred while communicating with the server. Account: 'pop.east.cox.net', Server: 'pop.east.cox.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC19

Are you sure that Cox didn't change the server settings?
Yes, because my wife's still works. No way she could have set new settings.

CCDiscoB said:
I did, no workie.

Error codes:
The host 'smpt.east.cox.net' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'pop.east.cox.net', Server: 'smpt.east.cox.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11004, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

A time-out occurred while communicating with the server. Account: 'pop.east.cox.net', Server: 'pop.east.cox.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC19

I have cox and it works just fine for me. I believe your server is smtp.east.cox.net and not smpt.east.cox.net. If you can send messages and not recieve them then this might be the problem. Try it out and tell me how it goes.

Latest resources

Back