Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Out of Aviation 6 years; BEST ROUTE TO GET BACK? ANY IDEAS? ANYONE?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RobHG

Greetings and thanks for reading my post.
I am an ATP pilot with about 3,800 hours, CFII/MEI and some 135 experience flying Chieftains in Alaska, and for Air Ambulance flying a King Air C-90 in Kansas; both single pilot operations....However, I have been out of aviation now for the past six years now.
Can anyone suggest the best method for getting back?
I would GLADLY pay for my training "ANYWHERE" to get back in the saddle.
DOES ANYONE KNOW if there is ANY COMPANY out there that 'might' hire someone as myself if I paid for my own training or for went through Flight Safety and got current or a type rating an aircraft a 'prospective' company flies?
For example...I talked to a company yesterday and they said they fly King Airs but all pilots must go through Flight Safety...
Realistically, if I were to go to Flight Safety and pay for example the King Air training....would anyone out there be willing to hire me off that particular training from Flight Safety with no previous flying time in the last 6 years?
I WILL GO ANYWHERE where there is an opportunity.
Any FBO's with a BUSY 135 CHARTER department where I could get current again and possibly get a foot in the door?
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Email is [email protected]
Thanks and fly safe!
Rob

times have changed my freind! dont even think about paying for your own training. it's not even necessary, everyone is hiring, just start applying. you could go to just about any regional, that said those arent good jobs. what kind of flying do you ultimatley want to do.

Thanks for your prompt reply...

Thanks for the advice on a 'direction'
I am concerned because of SIX YEARS OFF...
Before I apply to anyone need to be 'sharp'
I don't think the Regionals are for me....
I like the charter and corporate world if possible to get in.
That's why I would pay for training in a particular aircraft for a 'prospective' employer or even a type rating...
Right now just need to get started..but WHERE?
Thanks again..
Anymore thoughts or ideas please email me...
[email protected]
Rob

Thanks for the advice on a 'direction'
I am concerned because of SIX YEARS OFF...
Before I apply to anyone need to be 'sharp'
I don't think the Regionals are for me....
I like the charter and corporate world if possible to get in.
That's why I would pay for training in a particular aircraft for a 'prospective' employer or even a type rating...
Right now just need to get started..but WHERE?
Thanks again..
Anymore thoughts or ideas please email me...
[email protected]
Rob

Rob, the first thing I would do is get up to speed on the instruments. Get a CFII and go punch holes in the clouds and shoot some approaches, like GPS, VOR, ILS, and it would be best to do it in an EFIS equipped aircraft. After that, then I would go out and make some contacts with as many freight operations as you can, because they are always looking for someone to pay for there training (although I don't recommend doing that, however, sometimes you have to do what you have to do, to get back in aviation). Sign up on climbto350.com or some of the other job sites out there and start sending out the resumes.
You might try Spitfire Aviation in Concord NC, they fly King Airs and Lears and a few other types. Also, you can try Elite Air down in St. Petersburg FL, they also fly Lear's and are always on the lookout for someone willing to PAY for their training.

GOOD LUCK IN YOUR SEARCH AND YOUR AVIATION CAREER!

Latest resources

Back