OT: Disturbing Article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FLpilot

I found this article to be quite upsetting. Especially the part about France, Germany, and Belgium meeting to discuss strengthening their own militaries. I was already uncomfortable with the idea a united European economy with the sole purpose of countering the U.S. economy, but when they start talking about a united European military is when I really get concerned. I'm not one of those idiots boycotting French goods and ordering "liberty" fries with my burger, but I must admit I am deeply upset by the recent conduct of our so called "allies".

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/03/22/i...00&en=3964fd4d22fbfb14&ei=5062&partner=GOOGLE

I wouldn't worry about it. The Europeans are fantastic about talking, talking, talking, writing memos and regulations. They have so many stuctural problems in their countries, aging populations, high taxes, weak economies, etc. They still don't get along with each other as countries, they are very nationalistic and independent no matter what they say as a collective group, which is why nobody trusts them. The leadership says one thing but each individual country will do whatever they want, witness the current situation with Iraq. You have the "leadership" France and Germany saying no war but I believe 10 other EU countries going along with us. I put leadership in quotes because I believe to be a leader you have to show some type of moral far reaching vision which France does not have or the power to back it up. Why a country with 60 million people thinks they are entitled to a leadership position in the UN is beyond me.

FREEDOM FRIES

Im one of those idiots boycotting French products. And BTW, I thought everyone agreed to call them FREEDOM FRIES not Liberty Fries!!!

Learguy

Latest resources

Back