Oshkosh

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NookyBooky said:
Who's going? Also Green Bay was the closest I could find a hotel, anyone know of a good place to grab a beer around there?

It is wisconsin, every place has beer.

It's true, every place does. Titletown Brewery is a good place for a local brewery, pretty good food, too. Otherwise there's a crapload of bars around the football stadium.

I'll be going for a day or 2, along w/ my dad (Skyking1976) probably. Maybe we'll see some of you guys there. We only live about a half hour away from Oshkosh.

im going......

whats the status of getting camp site on the field. i have a friend whos an EAA member. the web site sais there is always plenty of room but we are not leaving untill wednsday

Going to park an airplane and reserve a good camping spot on Wednesday. Then be back for the end of the show Friday through Sunday.There's nothing like camping under your wing, waking up and watching airplanes while you make breakfast.

If you are flying in, you can camp beside your plane. I'm not sure if parking at the field fills up- it seems pretty close some years. I know there are several satellite airports that allow camping, so maybe those are used when there is no more parking at OSH.

If you are driving in, Camp Scholler has endless room to camp. It never fills up! The only trick is getting a spot close to the show gate and the showers. It's a good time hanger-flying with others in the camp after the show each day.

we are drivin up. were going to fly up but is it true that once your are there you cant leave untill the dep. slot they give you?

Im going next year dragging the gf with me, displays looked disappointing this year. On a side note the 747 Air Atlanta brought in for the show in 2002 has already been scrapped in the desert.

Latest resources

Back