Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

J32driver

Strokin it...
What is the status of the 100 or so guys that started Freedom? I understand that Mesa's new contract killed Freedom. But... did the guys that started freedom get rolled into the seniority list? If so, how? Date of Hire? If so... who is flying the 70 seaters? When I ask for a jumpseat, Am I asking a Mesa Pilot or an ex-Freedom pilot?

I don't want to start any wars here, I just want to understand how things shook out in the end. Thanks for any CONSTRUCTIVE input.

The origional freedom douches are still flying as CA and FOs on the 7 and 900s... There are many greivences filed by folks who bid 700/900 capt FO AFTER the integration that were not awarded it even though they are in some cases WAY senior to the freedom bunch...

Anyhow, it's not 100% that you will be asking for a ride from a freedumb, but it is a good chance... There are many regular mesa pilots flying the 700/900 now too, in fact probably more regular mesa than origional freedumb...

According to the ALPA reps...

Nothing could have been done to the original Freedom guys. All of them were given a LOA from Mesa instead of actually leaving the company. Because they never left the mesa pilots were told that ALPA had no legal recourse but to allow them back into the same seniority spot they had before.

I lost my list of those scumbags.... anyone got a link or list handy? Please post it or PM please...

80for80 said:
Yeah post em! There's nothing worse than a pilot willing to sell out the profession!

Is this including pilots willing to fly MD-80's for 80/bucks an hour?

Sure.

If that pilot had left his company to fly for an alter-ego carrier while said company was in contract negotiations? Hell yeah. If he was flying for an ALPA approved contract, no.

Many of the Freedom-A types have quit, if for no other reason than a desire to stay away from the ever-growing list of YV pilots who aren't pleased with their admitted selfishness.

If you're trying to jumpseat and the plane is at the gate, look for a large sticker aft of the pax door that says "Operated By Freedom." The Mesa birds all have a much much much smaller sticker that you can't read unless you're a foot away.

CR7s in PHX are flown by Freedom. CR9s tail #902-906 are Freedom as well. All CR7s in United colors are Mesa.

Hope this helps.

Latest resources

Back