ORF CFI Jobs?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

NewMeatFlyer

I'll be moving back to the VA. Beach area around the end of april and was wondering if anyone might know of a good school to teach at? Thanks for your help. ~Soon to be unemployed.

I have seen a ton of activity at Hampton Roads (PVG). Might want to give a call over there. They also have Schweizer 300s if you fly helos.

Try the Langley AFB Aero Club. They have a good range of aircraft and lots of students at all levels. I used to instruct there and highly recommend it. PM me for phone numbers.

You might want to try Rick Aviation out at Newport News. They had an ad on the AOPA cfi opening page. I work at one of the schools out at PVG, but I just recently picked up the only open slot. Where are you relocating from?

Chesapeake Aviation give them a try!

NewMeatFlyer said:
I'll be moving back to the VA. Beach area around the end of april and was wondering if anyone might know of a good school to teach at? Thanks for your help. ~Soon to be unemployed.

I recommend dropping a resume (at the link below) and contacting these folks face to face. It's a good school, run very well, with some senior and experienced instructors that are great to be around and teach well. They're the kind of folks that will help you answer any questions you have when students come up with the 'dooseys'. You never know when there may be an opening. Summer's coming and things will pick up. There are other schools at PVG too. Bring a stack of paper and pass it out. It's a neat little airport, with a pretty decent diner on the field. I always have a good day there.

http://www.chesapeakeaviation.com/pages/1/index.htm

Good Luck, at the least you'll find yourself some new friends and a cool place to hangar fly. Neat environment. You'll see.

Try horizon aviation, I'm currently the assistant chief CFI there. We have 4 C172 SP (2002 and newer) and to DA20/100-A1 katana aircraft and a BE-76 duchess. One C172 is a G1000 aircraft. PM me and I'll give you and address for a resume.

Bryan

Guys, thank you for all the intel, there are some good leads here for me to follow up on. I still have a couple of months before I move so, with any luck something will pan out.

Joepilot29, I'm packing up and leaving sunny san diego behind, it is amazing what you will do for family.

Blesko, PM on the way.

Thanks again guys.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back