• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ORD - SDF Jump Seat?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So, are you currently actively employed at a 121 air carrier? YES Recalled and on Mil Lv
Have an airline ID? YES
Familiar with CASS? Evidently not enough, no such animal when I was initially furloughed.
Did you want to add anything or is this an interview?

For those that took the time to give me input...Thank you very much.

Geez folks I'm just on a "pilot" web board asking for help on a jumpseat matter..nothing more nothing less.
If you doubt my authenticity, that's alright and understandable but i'm sure I'll be asked for my ID along with my licence and medical to prove who I am....But I'll leave that up to the Captain I'm begging a ride from.

Cheers
Koko

Last edited:
I don't think anyone is intentionally trying to be a pain in the a$$. But, if it is true that you haven't jumpseated since pre 9-11 you can surely understand how security procedues have changed. Therefore you can see why people are reluctant to walk you through step by step on what you should do and say in order to jumpseat.

Suggest calling your company or union to get any questions answered on exact procedures for jumpseating.

Thanks for everything you have done for our country and God Bless!

I don't think anyone is intentionally trying to be a pain in the a$$. But, if it is true that you haven't jumpseated since pre 9-11 you can surely understand how security procedues have changed. Therefore you can see why people are reluctant to walk you through step by step on what you should do and say in order to jumpseat.

Suggest calling your company or union to get any questions answered on exact procedures for jumpseating.

Thanks for everything you have done for our country and God Bless!

Thank You and I do understand. But I had only two questions really that I thought were pretty tame security issue wise.

1. Does the CRJ's have a jumpseat
2. How bad of a commute is it.

But your right I'll call my jumpseat coordinator Monday to confirm, just wanted info from the horses mouth per se from our express partners.

Cheers

Koko

1. Yes but the CRJ tends to get out of the forward CG limit on the short segments like that. People just don't bring enough bags to make it work. If you can talk to the captain maybe he can take ballast and even it out. If the weather sucks you could be SOL because of the extra fuel, the Max TOW is limited by Max LDW on those short flights.

2. I've only had one jumpseater on that flight and I've done it six times in the last month. The jumpseater was a UPS guy on the first flight of the day out of SDF, we had plenty of seats in the back.

Call the UAL reservations and ask them how full the flight is, it might be of help.

Sdf

its a hard commute, I just gave up and go through CVG on delta/comair much easier. I haven't looked into it but UPS may be an option.

1. Yes but the CRJ tends to get out of the forward CG limit on the short segments like that. People just don't bring enough bags to make it work. If you can talk to the captain maybe he can take ballast and even it out. If the weather sucks you could be SOL because of the extra fuel, the Max TOW is limited by Max LDW on those short flights.

2. I've only had one jumpseater on that flight and I've done it six times in the last month. The jumpseater was a UPS guy on the first flight of the day out of SDF, we had plenty of seats in the back.

Call the UAL reservations and ask them how full the flight is, it might be of help.

Thank You,
Skynet has it pretty full with a couple empties still in the back for Sat. I'll take your advice and try to talk to the captain prior to the flight...I'll bring plenty of doughnuts :) Appreciate the info.

Koko

its a hard commute, I just gave up and go through CVG on delta/comair much easier. I haven't looked into it but UPS may be an option.

9rj9 Thank You for your inputs. Hopefully I'm only gonna need this commute for a couple of times.

Best to you and thank's again.

Koko

Latest resources

Back