• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ord-Mdw

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Rental Car, then Taxi, and if money is a problem then the L. You have to go to the city first and then catch another train towards MDW. I kind of think it might require a few blocks walk to get the second train.

psysicx said:
What is the best way to get from Ord to Mdw? Do they have a train or shuttle?

They have both. Cheapest way is the Blue Line train from the O'Hare Station to downtown. Change to the Orange Line(I think it's at State Street but check the maps in the train car) to go to Midway. Takes about 75-90 minutes for less than $2.00.

Other way is the Omega Shuttle, a van you can catch in the Transit Center at ORD. Ask for the crew rate. Prices have varied but about a year ago it was $18.00. Takes 45-60 minutes depending on traffic.

I've done this many times. FL420 is spot on. Be advised that during rush hour, the train will be about as fast as the Omega shuttle. The State/Lake Street station is the station to change from the blue to the orange line. I think the blue line runs 24 hours, however the last orange line train into Midway leaves downtown around 1:30 AM.

For real entertainment, ride the train after midnight... :rolleyes:

FL420 said:
They have both. Cheapest way is the Blue Line train from the O'Hare Station to downtown. Change to the Orange Line(I think it's at State Street but check the maps in the train car) to go to Midway. Takes about 75-90 minutes for less than $2.00.

Other way is the Omega Shuttle, a van you can catch in the Transit Center at ORD. Ask for the crew rate. Prices have varied but about a year ago it was $18.00. Takes 45-60 minutes depending on traffic.

You can transfer from blue to orange line at Clark / Lake street stop. Total travel time about an hour and 20 minutes. Will cost you only $2.

USA Coach busline goes directly between the two all day. I haven't done it, but I talked to a SWA flight attendant who does it going to and from work all the time.

Transportation

I've done both -- the bus and the El.

I had the opportunity to start in MKE and took the bus to MDW, which stop at ORD ($25 or so).

The El, I thought was 1.75, but hey, $2.00 is the same.

I do not mind public transportation and you are not stuck with some crazy cab driver telling you his life story....not that it has ever happened to me!

The orange line is not that nice due to the fact that bars close between 0200 and 0400 in Chicago...it does stop running from approx 1230 from Washingting/Wells area until 0545 (not that I have personal knowledge or experience....).

A cab ride from downtown to MDW is approx. $35 (not that I have personal knowledge....)

But if you are not familiar w/ public transportation, you might not like it? I lived in BOS and loved not having to drive anywhere and Chicago is just the same.

Tell me, why am I where I am now???

Omega Shuttle ......just get in and close your eyes....you'll be there in no time. I don't think I had ever gone through a toll booth doing 90 mph until I moved to Chicago.

Latest resources

Back