Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dr. B said:
What are you talking about?

Since when do we have to pay for our own way home?

There is a turbine requirement to apply, it is not much, but there is one. Therefore the story of getting his first 50 hours of jet time here doesn't jive either.

I know that not all new hires are getting the Flex schedule. In any case, it will soon be a thing of the past. You cannot keep hiring SICs on the flex schedule if there are no PICs to fly with them. The PICs are not exactly lining up to volunteer for it.

Dr.B there is a difference between turbine and JET time... All we require is 100 hours turbine, so it is in fact very possible he got his first 50 hours of jet time...

Flight Options Wayward Home For Failed Airline Ceo's

The Company Flew Him To His Tier 1 Domicile In Atl Unless We Wants To Walk Home He Has To Buy An Airline Ticket Or Drive Another 9 Hours. He Has An Established Family And A Home He Has Been Living In For 12 Years.

This Policy Is A Prime Example Of How He Will Get His Time In And Move On To Something Better. Sad But True.. Since We Cannot Jumpseat He Told Me He Spends About 700-1000 Per Month In Travel Expense To And From His Tier 1 Domicile.

That Is While I Sit In 1st Class With My Gold Prefrerred Status And The Company Picks Up The Tab.. Fyi: His Ticket From Cle Was $237.15 Ironically I Just Happen To Be Flying From Cle On That Flight As Well. My Ticket $224.87!!

Flight Options: Safety, Service, Profitibility And Trippin Over $100 Bills To Save A Nickel!!

Okay, so maybe sucker was too harsh a word. If he wants to give up a third of his salary and a considerable amount of his off time in exchange for a type rating and some jet time, I guess that's his decision. I just hope he has a ton of resumes out and spends what time off he has working the angles to get a decent job he can live with because that will get real old real fast.

I just know that the retention of these new guys will be even worse than that of the older ones getting fed up. As soon as they get a call from anyone else, they are going to be out of here, training contract or no training contract. Along with everything else idiotic management has done in the past year or so, now they have just about guaranteed that the training costs at the company are going to skyrocket.

Agree

I agree with you. I also know long term employees that used to be able to fly out of home base. Now they drive anywhere from 2-6 hours to the tier 1 the night before and stay in a hotel( at companies expense for about a year)

Is that fair? No!

I have been here over 6 years and I will be out of here by the new year. At this point I don't care if I have to go to the bottom of Cs or NjA because there is one thing I am certain:

Flight Options management, oversight, and financial health is like getting shot in the chest with a shotgun. Theres lots of little holes and you bleed red out of every single one of them until you die!

clickclickboom said:
I have been here over 6 years and I will be out of here by the new year. At this point I don't care if I have to go to the bottom of Cs or NjA because there is one thing I am certain:quote]

Don't worry about it, provided the TA passes on Monday, within a month be willing to bet you money that you become part of NJA anyway.

Latest resources

Back