Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

hawkercpt

oh crap! Now what?
"A dedicated flight crew that's ready to serve.

Nothing contributes more to your overall safety than who's sitting in the cockpit. That's why we recruit and retain the best pilots in the industry. And, we pay the highest in the industry too—because they are the best.

Each pilot has an average of over 6,800 hours in the air. Each pilot is type-rated by the FAA in his or her aircraft with Airline Transport Pilots (ATP) classification.

All of our crew members are trained to the exacting standards of Federal Aviation Regulation Part 135. And all pilots are additionally trained at CAE SimuFlight, as well as our state-of-the-art, online supplemental ground training system. Flight Options aircraft operations and the operating certificate held by Flight Options, govern all flight crewing Standard Operating Procedures.

You can rest assured that you're in good hands.

Flight Options' pilot training programs raise the bar on industry standards. All captains must receive a sign-off indicating that he or she has completed training for initial, operating procedures, compliant with an operating specification issued by the FAA.

Each Flight Options aircraft operates with two pilot-in-command qualified pilots in the cockpit, who in addition to their extensive flight time, have completed annual simulator training and biannual practical training in their aircraft. Because of our industry leading standards and top-of-the-line training programs, we not only have the safest and most professional pilots, we also have the lowest pilot turnover ratio in the industry."

...and the sound of crickets are heard from Cuyahoga County airport in response to the Netjets TA and CS raise proposal.

There not telling you that we have some new hires with no turbine time. And our min to get hired.....1500tt.......Flex=2500, NJA=2500, don't know about Citation Shares

Talked to a NEW HIRE LAST WEEK

He had been hired two months earlier. I met him on a Delta Flight From ATL to OUR Homebase. While I was sitting in First Class Going to My Tier 2 Location pissed about my 15.9 hour duty day on day 8, He was thrilled to be getting jet time and paying $189 to get home!

The guy had barely 1500tt ATL base has 50 hours in Jets now andhappy to be here working the flex schedule.

What happens when one of these guys upgrades with a few hundred hours because all of our top pilots are leaving to go to Wal Mart or Home Depot?

Do you want your family in the backseat going into Telluride, Day 7 after 6 legs been on duty since 3 am, Approach to Mininums with Virga and Low Level Windshear?

Dont get me wrong I fully support all of me peers advancing their career but this collection of retards called management thinks that retaining low time pilots with reduce our turnover. The reality is that the low time guys are more likely to leave than anybody wheras a higher time guy is only going to leave for a substantial advancement in their career.

hawkercpt said:
"A dedicated flight crew that's ready to serve.

Nothing contributes more to your overall safety than who's sitting in the cockpit. That's why we recruit and retain the best pilots in the industry. And, we pay the highest in the industry too—because they are the best.

Each pilot has an average of over 6,800 hours in the air. Each pilot is type-rated by the FAA in his or her aircraft with Airline Transport Pilots (ATP) classification.

All of our crew members are trained to the exacting standards of Federal Aviation Regulation Part 135. And all pilots are additionally trained at CAE SimuFlight, as well as our state-of-the-art, online supplemental ground training system. Flight Options aircraft operations and the operating certificate held by Flight Options, govern all flight crewing Standard Operating Procedures.

You can rest assured that you're in good hands.

Flight Options' pilot training programs raise the bar on industry standards. All captains must receive a sign-off indicating that he or she has completed training for initial, operating procedures, compliant with an operating specification issued by the FAA.

Each Flight Options aircraft operates with two pilot-in-command qualified pilots in the cockpit, who in addition to their extensive flight time, have completed annual simulator training and biannual practical training in their aircraft. Because of our industry leading standards and top-of-the-line training programs, we not only have the safest and most professional pilots, we also have the lowest pilot turnover ratio in the industry."

...and the sound of crickets are heard from Cuyahoga County airport in response to the Netjets TA and CS raise proposal.

When's the real b#$ching session gonna start for Options pay raise? Happy to hear about the TA and CS new raises...just surprised for the lack of talk about what Flex and Options guys are gonna do

Do not hold your breath for any news out of Options. It is not going to happen. They threaten to leave hotels for a dollar a night. They are not going to give out thousands of dollars in raises.

The attitude at county is never to look more than a day ahead. The management is totally reactive and not at all proactive. If they were looking ahead there's no way we would be chartering so many flights because of lack of crews. The NJ contract hasn't been signed yet after all, so there's no reason to worry about it, right? The hypocracy of their "best paid", "best qualifed" and "lowest turnover" advertising hasn't occurred to them yet even though that hasn't applied for a long time. As soon as NJ's contract goes through even the densest potential owner will know how much BS those claims actually are. If we could get managment that actually understand the fractional market instead of failed 121 regional slugs, things could turn around. But until then, don't hold your breath.

As far as the 189 bucks go, I can only assume that this guy got ATL as his tier 1 domicile as a new hire but doesn't actually live there so commutes on his own time and dime to where he really lives. I think that makes him a complete sucker but that's just me (or is it?).

Last edited:
Pilot Pays $189 to get home

Is he a sucker? Or is he just like so many of us that have homes, family, responsibilities etc... The guy needed a job its not his fault that options has this new tier 1 policy. I have been tier 3 and tier 2 since i starrted at options over 6 years ago. I never had a situation where we could not get to the plane or had any undue delay because of our " unconvenient" location.

They impose these policies yet airlined me 4 times last week to 3 broken airplanes! Now thats a way to save money!

New Hire..."Sucker"

What are you talking about?

Since when do we have to pay for our own way home?

There is a turbine requirement to apply, it is not much, but there is one. Therefore the story of getting his first 50 hours of jet time here doesn't jive either.

I know that not all new hires are getting the Flex schedule. In any case, it will soon be a thing of the past. You cannot keep hiring SICs on the flex schedule if there are no PICs to fly with them. The PICs are not exactly lining up to volunteer for it.

Dr. B said:
What are you talking about?

Since when do we have to pay for our own way home?

There is a turbine requirement to apply, it is not much, but there is one. Therefore the story of getting his first 50 hours of jet time here doesn't jive either.

I know that not all new hires are getting the Flex schedule. In any case, it will soon be a thing of the past. You cannot keep hiring SICs on the flex schedule if there are no PICs to fly with them. The PICs are not exactly lining up to volunteer for it.

Well with a simple BB e-mail we could have to pay for our own way plus hotels. That is how it could be possible. Also with this new tier 1 policy they just might have to get themselves to and from thier tier 1.

You do know you can get "turbine" time without getting jet time? So yes it could "jive" as you put it. I know there a lot of guys that have thousands of hours of turbine time and zero jet time.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back