Options Interview coming up.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

WileE

Hey guys (and gals) I got the call from Lisa to set up an interview from Eric next week. Needless to say I am both ecstatic to finally be getting called and a bit tense about the pending interview. I've had my stuff in with FO for about 2 and a half years, from the moment I made the minimums there so this is a pretty important interview for me (it's my first choice of companies I'd like to retire from lets put it that way).

Can anyone help me out? A couple guys I've spoke too have assured me that the call is very simple and basic and I'd be very unlikely to screw it up. Is that the same read other folks have gotten with the FO interview? If the interviewwith Eric goes well, how soon and what exactly is the next phase of the hiring process?

Any and all help would be very much appreciated. Fingers crossed and all.

Just curious... Did you have any recommendations from within?

Last edited:
Well, I'd say you are fortunate.

With my TT and lack of current commercial flying, you are far ahead of me in line, and rightfully so. The guy that gave me the recommendation can't change these facts, and until I get another Lear job, neither can I.

If I were you, I'd spend a little time in a B200 sim, bone up on the ATP material again, and check the gouge on Options on the web. If I'm not mistaken, there are a couple of mountain airports (Aspen?) that are used for the sim eval.

Good luck to you, and just tell the rest of us all about it when you are waiting for assignment.

The airports used in the sim eval are PHX Gateway (IWA) and some other AZ airport, don't recall which one though. The mountain airports (Aspen and Eagle) are used for the technical interview with a check airman/ program manager.

I talked to Eric last week and he said we will be hiring 55 pilots this month. Don't know why so many, but I guess it's a good thing.....

Congrats on the interview. Based on what you said in your message, it seems that you will be doing a phone interview first. I am not familiar with what goes on during that interview, so I can't help you there. If you get to the personal interview in CGF, then to screw it up you have to give them a reason NOT to hire you. If they bring you in, they want to hire you. The only thing that will change that is if you give them a reason not to.

The personal interview will consist of face to face with two or three different people. One will be a program manager or a check airman, and that will be the technical portion. The tech interview will vary depending on your background and how well you answer the first few questions. You may get some situational questions. If so, state what you believe - not what you think they want to hear. As others have stated, you will get some questions from a Jeppesen approach chart. Some people choose ASE, some choose EGE, some choose TEX, others choose something completely off the wall. I am in the latter category. In the couple tech interviews I have done(if no PM or check airman is available, they will sometimes ask an experienced line captain to conduct the interview), I chose charts for airports that most people have never been to. The objective is to see if you truly understand it - not to see if you can memorize what others have told you about it.

Good luck with the interview.

A little background.

I've had my resume in with Flight Options for almost 2 and a half years, almost from the time I met the mins for the job. Right now I have about 2900 hours total time with about 2600 of that multi-engine turboprop. Of that I have 900 PIC and about 380 actual weather. I have an ATP and prior military experience flying King Airs for the army.

I am hoping that the sim won't be too hard since I have over 1400 hours in the B200 and since I left the military I've been flying the B1900, very similar in all respects. I do have recommendations from two guys at the company that I've flown with, one while I was in the military and one flying for the airline I work for now. I know several other pilots at the company, but only flew with them a couple times so I figured I'd only list the guys I had spent a lot of time working with.

I have been updating regularly from the website with my last update about three months ago.

Be patient guys and keep sending those updates. I personally know c couple guys who had a lot less time than I did that got hired with FO. The recommendations seem to be the most important thing.

flyboycpa, thanks for the website. Looks like there are quite a few good tips there. Thanks everybody.

GOT IT!!

Woo-HOO!!!

I'll see the rest of you Options guys out on the line soon!

Happy dance time!

Congrats!

Any idea which aircraft you will fly? Will you start in the King Air or fly one of the jets?

Welcome

Welcome aboard - I am sure your gonna like it here!

Let us know which aircraft you get into.

Fly Safe

Latest resources

Back