Options and ATP Requirments

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

avratdwc

Hey everyone. I have a question and have not been able to find an answer. I am looking to get into Flight Options. I meet all the requirments aside from one "meeting requirments of an ATP", which is due to my age. I am only 22 with part 135 turbine background. An inspector at a FSDO advised me that I can hold an ATP, just cant exercise it until I am 23. Next BDay isnt until next summer. If anyone has an answer as to what Options would say about this it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Avrat

My guess is that since there are plenty of other people out there looking that have there ATP and more experience. You might even be considered. Just my thoughts on it.

Do you know anyone at Options? That is about the only way to get in right now anyway.

Good Luck and keep plugging away and updating your resume with them.

On the subject of holding the ATP before age 23, I think the inspector that told you this is incorrect. This used to be the case, but when they did the big rewrite on Part 61 in 1997 this provision was removed. Used to be you could take the checkride before 23, but had to wait until you turned 23 before you could use it.

Good luck.

Unfortunally, I think DEP676 is right regarding your competive qualifications. It tough going out there right now.

In regards to having a recommendation for Options, what does this mean exactly? I filled out the online application twice, and in the space provided, put in the guy's email address whom I know at the company. Does this person also have to write a letter and send it in to the HQ, or have I done all I can do?

Any info would help.

Latest resources

Back