Oprah-Umma-Umma-Oprah

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
psysicx said:
Someone earlier said that she buys cars for her pilots and they operate Thurs-Sun.

You can have the free car. Spending 45 out of 52 weekends a year in Santa Barbara is not my idea of fun.

Jack Schitt said:
You can have the free car. Spending 45 out of 52 weekends a year in Santa Barbara is not my idea of fun.

Hmmm... Some of the best hiking, surfing, diving, sailing and cycling in the country; incredible scenery, amazing food, great people, great zoo, great nightlife, world-class museums...

So Jack, what exactly is your idea of fun?:confused:

HMR said:
Hmmm... Some of the best hiking, surfing, diving, sailing and cycling in the country; incredible scenery, amazing food, great people, great zoo, great nightlife, world-class museums...

So Jack, what exactly is your idea of fun?:confused:

That would be fun for about 3 months. Then it would get incredibly boring. I need more variety. Then again, I'm not from the Republic of California so I wouldn't miss it if it just fell off into the ocean. Maybe if I got to spend every weekend with your pal, Lead Sled, it would be more fun.:)

Living there would be cool but way to expensive and very little jobs. Not just flying jobs everything. Doesn't she spend time at other places like Europe and South Africa?

SCT said:
In 604 recurrent at FS, one instructer mentioned her pilots used to come thru the program. But they had a few inflight engine shutdowns w/ the GE engines (Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe they were having oil sump problems at altitude.).....and she said park the plane and bought a GulfStream.
You got some bad information. She never owned a 604. She owned a 601-3R, then got rid of it a few years ago and bought a G-IV. No engine problems out of either aircraft, just upgrades. She was in South Africa last year and Bombardier sent a GLEX over to give her a ride home. The G-IV followed in trail, though it probably had to stop if the GLEX when Non-Stop. That ride got Bombardier a deposit for a new Global for Harpo studios. Flying for her is Thur or Fri through Sun. She tapes during the week, so unless the aircraft is sent out to pick up a guest, the pilots (all black crew by the way thanks to Bill Cosby's suggestion) are home in Chicago during the week. The summers are spent in Europe with no set schedule. A few years ago, the pay was 80K for all the pilots, regardless of who did what. Expenses were never, and I mean NEVER questioned. Life on the road is good, but it is just that, life on the road, and during the summer, it's life on the road with no schedule, meaning your GSM phone could ring in a hour or in a month saying "Move your A##". How do I know all of this? A very good friend of mine flew for her for several years. The job (schedule) cost him his marraige, but that's on him.

Does Bill Cosby still have his G4?

Latest resources

Back