Opinions on Jet-Jobs.com

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Kit Darby

jet-jobs.com aka Air, Inc., is the latest and greatest Kit Darby "enterprise." Kit formerly ran Future Airline Professionals of America. Kit, the Pied Piper of the Pilot Shortage, contrived that sophistry in the mid-1980s. He said the industry was facing a shortage of pilots and that forty-thousand pilots would be needed during the next ten years. His basis for that "prediction" was that retirements, diminishing supplies of military pilots and industry expansion was creating the need for pilots.

Of course, as we all know, that proved to be wholly untrue. Anyone who tried to find a pilot job during that time will tell you all about the "pilot shortage." Kit made it sound all so easy, with his slick magazine and other publications, and advertising in mainstream pilot magazines that brought professional aviation to the pilot masses. Not to mention that Kit was the source that was quoted and given attribution in ordinary news about the so-called "shortage." Kit parlayed the purported (by him) pilot shortage into a cottage industry and made FAPA a ton of money.

Fast-forwarding to the past couple of years, Kit, as Air, Inc., still maintains there will be a pilot shortage, even in the midst of wholesale furloughs on top of all the others who are trying to find their way in. And Kit still makes money selling pilot shortage and his slick pubs.

Having provided this background, I do not think too highly of his "services." In the pre-internet days of ten or twelve years ago, Kit's company and contact information was helpful. His advertisers' information was also helpful because their services weren't advertised elsewhere. Nowadays, the same information is available via the internet. Kit's interview gouge was almost always outdated. You can find authentic and more current gouge on this board, which makes the board such a valuable resource. Finally, I attended one of Kit's jobs fairs ten years ago. It was a complete waste of time and money, which can be better used by printing resumes and cover letters and mailing 'em out.

Don't waste your time and money on any Kit Darby enterprise. As always, it's only my $0.02 opinion.

Last edited:
I'll second what bobby says. Mr. Darby has some good books on interview prep but for the most part seems to be selling info people can find for free elsewhere. As far as seminars/job fairs go, I have never been to one, but of the 4 people I know who have none heard anything back. This is not to say it doesn't happen, I just have yet to meet anyone.

air inc.

I'll have to disagree with the former posts regarding Air, Inc. I have attended a few of the conferences, and after "hounding" Delta's Plato Rhyne at each of them, I finally got an interview, and got hired. Also, the interview prep service that Air, Inc. provides is very helpful. Interviewing, as everyone knows, is stressful, and it would be nice to have some insight about the interview process. Not to mention the practice that one gets in their mock interviews. I will admit, however, that the internet now does offer many free resources, such as contact information and interview gouge. However, if you are a marketable pilot to the airlines (either regional or major) and you want to get a "leg up", I would use Air, Inc., especially the interview prep service. A couple hundred bucks to practice an interview is sure worth a million dollar career at one of the big boys.

Re: air inc.

dalgatech said:
I'll have to disagree with the former posts regarding Air, Inc. I blah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blah

ok, Kit, you could've bothered registering a little earlier and racking up a few posts before barging in like that

Kit's posts

Vladimir Lenin said:
ok, Kit, you could've bothered registering a little earlier and racking up a few posts before barging in like that
Actually, Vlad, Kit has registered with and posted on the board. E.g., go take a gander at this thread.

As far as interview counseling is concerned, I would recommend Irv Jasinki or Captain Bob Norris over any interview prep Kit sells. Ironically, both were his advertisers twelve years ago!

Last edited:
Hi!

If U are REALLY lazy, and have a lot of extra cash lying around that you don't want, sign up.

I did it in the early '90s, and it didn't help at all.

Nowdays, with the Internet , and sites like this, you can find out a lot more better info by searching the net on your own and making contacts with people via the internet.

I've gotten one job, another interview, and found out about another job opening through the internet.

Save your money.

CLiff
DTW

Latest resources

Back