• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Opinions Needed

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
With the growing pilot shortage on the entry level job, he has good chance of making it if he has the skill and desire. Get the 1200 hrs for IFR PIC that will tell if he has got the stuff. But his timing is right with the coming 2007 hiring boom.

timeoff said:
Because the whole point of his post was that his friend busted all his checkrides up through CFII. Can't have a CFII without a commercial...and you can't get a commercial without 250 hours (pt 61).

Not picking on him...it just doesn't make sense.

Very good point. I was very confused myself about that fact.

To clear the mix up: the last time we talked pertaining to how many hrs he had was before his CFI/CFII secondly he went to a part 141 school in Texas for all his training in 2005 so I pressume he should have a bit more now.

well he isnt going to get an airline job tomorrow with 250...205 hours. He's got a solid 800 hours to go before he can even worry about the airlines. My advice to him is use what youve obviously paid good money for and maybe his experiences along the way will make up for his busted checkrides in an airlines opinion. Sounds like he went through a fast paced program and probably took every checkride a little less prepared than he should have been. Sounds like a good excuse to me....the bottom line is if it is his dream he would be a fool to not chase it, regardless of the outcome.

Latest resources

Back