Opinions-Is this good or bad

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cgmason1

Figure this might reduce the number of pilot positions at these respecitve companies-but overall might be good for them in the long run--what do you all think?
Fly Safe
Chuck

(AP) - Passengers on Delta, Northwest and Continental could seamlessly transfer flights between the airlines as early as next spring under an agreement announced Friday. Delta said it plans to join and expand the existing partnership between No. 4 carrier Northwest and No. 5 Continental. If federal regulators clear their new code sharing agreement, the airlines would sell seats on each other's flights, and travelers would be able to get frequent-flier miles on any of the airlines

How would seamless service reduce pilot positions? The way I see it, the seamless operations are only for passengers. They still need the pilots to be able to offer those flights, right?

Regardless though, I think it is a good idea. I think it will atract more customers because now they can really get to their intended destination. More business I guess...

Riddle momma said:
How would seamless service reduce pilot positions? The way I see it, the seamless operations are only for passengers. They still need the pilots to be able to offer those flights, right?

My guess is all 3 won't have to offer redundant flights that they do now in order to provide "seamless" service... each carrier could effectively reduce its number of flights while not affecting the passengers ability to get to their intended destination at their intended time...

If all 3 carriers currently offered a 2pm ORD-PHX flight and each had a 50% load factor... they could effectively reduce that to one flight on a larger aircraft or at least 2 flights on similar sized aircraft...

Just my $0.02...

Latest resources

Back