Opinions: Chautauqua, SkyWest, or TSA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AV84FOOD

Just wondering what you guys think about which one of these to take. I want to be somewhere that I can upgrade in a reasonable amount of time.

I live in STL and don't want to commute unless SkyWest is going to be that much better. It is nice to have options in this day and age, but I'm somewhat torn. Thanks for the input.

Brasilia upgrade has gone to new hires at SkyWest recently. Looks like you probably meet the upgrade requirements (2500tt, 1000 turbine, etc.). Most of the domicile awards have been for SLC and DEN if that helps. Another thing to consider is the RJ class starting at the beginning of March will have about 20 new hires in it as well.

If you haven't done so already, do a search on SkyWest regarding pay during training and (if given a choice) which aircraft to start in. RJ training will take a couple weeks longer than Brasilia.

I've been at SkyWest coming up on three years and it's a good place to work -- not without some problems, but still a good place .

Hmmmm, lets think about it, CHQ _2 year upgrade , all jet fleet, four code shares all with flight benefits, and soon to be 10 bases, with another 30 jets on order and options for twenty more with delta, and and contract negotiations going well witha great pilot group.
Skywest: well, read the above post from Mayday911 and that may be an example of the Skywest pilot group. I would not want ot fly with an unprofessional attitude like that..
TSA I dont know anything about, but a good group of pilots..

Just my 2 cents.

Don't commute unless you have to.

My choices (if I lived in STL):

1.Chautaqua (even though their having a lot of issues right now)

2.Skywest(I heard good things but they're non union which could bite you in the future)

3. TSA (I heard nothing but bad things from many buds who used to work there.)

Does the name "Republic" mean anything do you? If it doesn't, then you should check into it before listening to some one who is obviously drinking the company Kool-Aid!!

My thought would be that SKW would be the best of the three right now. Certainly the best reputation for treating their people well and paying at least a decent wage/quality of life.

My thought would be that SKW would be the best of the three right now. Certainly the best reputation for treating their people well and paying at least a decent wage/quality of life. [/B][/QUOTE]

Depends somewhat on where you want to live. East Coast CHQ. West coast Skywest. Can't really reccomend TSA though unless it's available when you are ready and the others aren't. Ziggy1 (former TSA)

Don't know much about the TSA, but I would sure stay away from Chautauqua.

Skywest is a great airline with good management / employee relations. The fact they are non ALPA may be an advantage for the next few years.

Hi!

SkyWest is by FAR the best. The only regional clearly better than SkyWest is Air Wisconsin, and they're so good I don't even consider them a regional.

I think Chautauqua is a little more stable than TSA, and they have a LOT more jets-they also have better code shares.

TSA, while decent, makes some money from USAir, and most from AA. Their AA flying is being greived by Eagle (along with Chautauqua and Corporate's AA flying) who doesn't want anyone else to feed AA.

I was at TSA and liked them, but, from what I've heard, I'd rank Chautauqua somewhat better. After 9.11, Chautauqua, did, however, FIRE all of it's non-needed pilots (TSA furloughed them). They did offer them all positions at a later date.

Cliff
GRB

Latest resources

Back