Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Pink Panther

Hello,
Can anyone tell me what the operational cost of a 767 approximately is? I know This depends on the airline etc. But what does fuel cost per gallon, maintanance, crew, landing fees ect.

I know this might be a difficult question to answer, but a rough estimate would be fine!

Thank you very much

767 Operating Cost

Pink Panther,
.......... based on data provided by the Air Force last year, CBO estimates that the cost of the commercially configured Boeing 767-200ER aircraft would be about $110 million and the cost to convert the aircraft to a tanker would be about $40 million.

CBO also estimates that the costs for new infrastructure that would be needed to support this aircraft--facilities, simulators, and other items--would total about $2 billion, based on data provided by the Air Force.

Finally, CBO estimates that it would cost about $2 million per plane per year (in 2001 constant dollars) to operate and maintain these aircraft, and that this cost would grow at a real annual rate of 3 percent because of aircraft aging.

The estimated costs in this letter are expressed in current dollars and their net present values............ Letter from the Congressional Budget Office to Honorable John McCain; April 17, 2002
At 3% per year cost increase: $2,185,454 :cool:

Reference
http://www.cbo.gov/showdoc.cfm?index=3413&sequence=0

Latest resources

Back