Operating in MNPS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PA31Ho

I fly a Hawker 800A w/ Honeywell, part 91. The bossman wants to go to Ireland in July. I've been trying to dig around to find out what exactly I need as far as letters of authorizations go. Some people have told me I need to have an NAT/MNPS or some sort of Global Ops manual on the airplane. Can anybody help me out here?

Thanks in advance.

You certainly need a Pt91 LOA. The last one I did for a F50 (a while ago) it was combined with the RVSM LOA. Talk to your FSDO about what they need to issue it.

I fly a Hawker 800A w/ Honeywell, part 91. The bossman wants to go to Ireland in July. I've been trying to dig around to find out what exactly I need as far as letters of authorizations go. Some people have told me I need to have an NAT/MNPS or some sort of Global Ops manual on the airplane. Can anybody help me out here?

Thanks in advance.

you need to schedule an international ops class. scottipc, ati, flight safety, all have classes/resources you need.

our loa's for nav are in our RVSM manual and we also have an international manual that outlines proceedures etc...

good luck

Nat mnps

You could also go across at FL260/FL270 below the MNPS/RVSM airspace. The route :

CYYR..LOACH..5850N..OCN..6140N..6330N..EMBLA..KEF..BIKF/BIRK

Then:

BIKF/BIRK..KEF..BREKI..N61.00.0W-16.30.0..6115N..GOMUP..D..DESTINATION

Can be flown with single long range nav (although I bet your Hawker has 2) and HF comms below FL310.

TransMach

Thanks in advance.

First, check your AFM and see if the aircraft is compliant for MNPS operations.
Second, start now for the FAA LOA. I'd suggest using someone like Assessment Compliance Group, Inc (www.aviationmanuals.com ). They can do the manuals, training and complete all your paperwork, quickly.
Third, do you have HF radio(s)? MNPS airspace is FL285 to FL420, so without HF, you will need to route something like LOACH - 5850N - 6140N - 6330N - EMBLA - KEF. Next leg will be ALDAN - RATSU - then something domestic, at FL270, then the reverse on the return flight, at FL280, but with HF(s), you can cut some corners.
Fourth, you'll need 8.33 radio frequency spacing in Europe, or you'll be below FL190 (I believe??).

I've flown several non-MNPS, non-HF, non-8.33 frequency spacing aircraft along this route, and didn't have any problems.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back