• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Open Time?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think that all of us at all the regionals should not pick up open time period. This will create havoc at crew scheduling departments all over the country. This will also send the message that pilots are an important part of the puzzle and that they need to treat us such and hire adequate numbers.

But the kicker would be if when they went out to recruit people that they wouldn't be able to find as many as they needed. Why? Because war has been declared on pilots and many potential candidates are staying away. Not to mention all the ones leaving the industry. This would hit their pockets and sometimes that's the only negotiating they understand.
Just my opinion.......and hope

W&BWiz said:
Kmox, what's the difference between picking up an actual trip or picking up a reserve day?
Does that mean your reserve days are done now too?

Yes. Thank you for asking.

I understand the point you are trying to make, but if I get furloughed, and you need extra money to support your family, by all means take the open time. The only time they are going to hire more is after exhausting all reserves and junior-mans, and you picking up a trip here, and a trip there, isn't going to change that.

Latest resources

Back