• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Open letter to US Airways pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In the end, Dave's not looking out for either east or west; Dave's looking out for Dave. He's just another ALPA guy who hates not being in power; we have a small fleet of these types.

Couldn't agree more! THe ALPA slough floated to the top of USAPA!!! It was just a matter of time! Now that USAPA is failing it will become more obvious that we just keep running out the clock- plan b all along. The west is so clueless. Keep it all up!

To all that think any dissenting opinion is just "divisive" a question. What exactly is any one to do in the event of perceived wrong doing?
If said person said nothing and allowed these acts to continue, he would be "in on it". If he speaks up he is divisive.
This just proves that some people have their agenda and will smear any one or anything to keep their points of view alive. (he is about himself, he is anti West, etc.)
A union is not the damn good ol boys club. There will, and better be, dissenting views, and the pilots have a right and should demand to know what is going on, or not going on with their union.
Burying your head in the sand and pretending everything is OK or just going along so your not "divisive" is the act of a fool or a coward.

To all that think any dissenting opinion is just "divisive" a question. What exactly is any one to do in the event of perceived wrong doing?
If said person said nothing and allowed these acts to continue, he would be "in on it". If he speaks up he is divisive.
This just proves that some people have their agenda and will smear any one or anything to keep their points of view alive. (he is about himself, he is anti West, etc.)
A union is not the damn good ol boys club. There will, and better be, dissenting views, and the pilots have a right and should demand to know what is going on, or not going on with their union.
Burying your head in the sand and pretending everything is OK or just going along so your not "divisive" is the act of a fool or a coward.

....disregard

Last edited:
All correct, of course. I did find it interesting that a west pilot felt moved to post Dave's tantrum on a public forum, but to paint this as E/W was not my intent.

In any case, the true irony with Dave's rant is that while he appears to be trying to save USAPA from going the way of our horrid ALPA unit, what he is engaging in is exactly the ALPA-style, divisive, distracting, political stupidity that made our ALPA here on the east so g0damn ineffective. If he actually had good intentions, then there are several ways he could have gone about fixing the problems he perceives. Having siad that, I believe the issues he raises are important items to be on guard for, but after carful investigation of my own, I'm confident USAPA has a looooong way to go before reaching the bloated, top heavy, bureaucratic high mark set by AAA ALPA. If Dave sees a trend, then fine, let's look at it. But his actions are obviously ego-driven, and we'll all be better off without these distractions. Does anyone really believe that a union spending $75 on a hotel unreasonable? What if the Sterling burns down? Or they raise their rates? The Sterling's meeting room is too small anyway. I just see Dave's rant as very short sighted. We have waaaay bigger fish to fry, while this guy lives in the past and can tell you an ALPA story any time you want to hear one. Let it GO Dave. Live in the "here and now" and use your head for a minute.

In the end, Dave's not looking out for either east or west; Dave's looking out for Dave. He's just another ALPA guy who hates not being in power; we have a small fleet of these types. Dave is trying to convert on the "rebel" image he attained near the end of ALPA occupation on our property and crawl his way back into a position of power. The EVP gig apparently didn't do enough for his ego.

:rolleyes:....where do I even begin ???????

PHXFLYR:cool:

FR8,

Ciabatonni did a lot more than mearly "speak up," now didn't he....

There are several ways he could have conducted himself while raising these concerns that would have been more productive. If he actually had good intentions, he could have solved the problems he sees by acting professionally. He doesn't do that, though....it's not his MO.....reminds me of our previous bargaining agent. Enough said.

Give PHXFLYR some slack. He does not have a college education like most AWA pilots hired in the 90's.
It is extremely hard for them to express their feelings in writing.

M

Exaclty. We merged with a group of people who were unable to be hired by a real airline. Now we are junior to them. Nic is unfair and unjust. I hope they have fun merging with Republic. The east is making all the money anyway.

I dunno FLYR....having writer's block?

No. Not at all. But I must admit your ignorance regarding some of these issues is fast approaching the point where I'm left absolutley speechless.

Last edited:
Exaclty. We merged with a group of people who were unable to be hired by a real airline. Now we are junior to them. Nic is unfair and unjust. I hope they have fun merging with Republic. The east is making all the money anyway.

You're not saying disparaging things about the former east pilots we hired out here again, are you Nic?

Latest resources

Back