OPEC Sucks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

capt_zman

Just interested to hear what everyone's top horror story is about the price of fuel:

I paid $3.35 per gallon for 100LL today at Atlantic Aviation in TEB. That might be the high, I'll have to check the receipts for LGA and BOS.

How about everyone else?

I'm usually complaining about the cost of jet fuel lately, but I can tell a few stories on both ends:

Avgas winners include:

PIT: $3.50
PBI: $3.50

Jet A winners include:

GVL: $2.85 (we paid less a week earlier at PDK!)
EYW: $2.93

As to PHL ... if you have a choice of when to go (yeah, right!), once upon a time Atlantic discounted Avgas a couple of days a week to a price that was almost reasonable! At TEB, I think Million Air is a little more reasonable than Atlantic ... I've always used Million Air at TEB (in the A36 and the King Air), and never paid over $3 for fuel.

Check Airnav for fuel prices ... when I've got multiple FBOs to choose from, this will often help narrow it down.

Tailwinds, y'all ...

R

Wow thats alot I paid ealier a couple of months ago $1.85/gal self serve.

You can blame OPEC, but also blame the oil companies for gouging us to death and the government for taxing us to death...

Paid $1.85 per gallon for 100LL in Snyder, Texas on Sunday. Also paid over $10 in FET for that fuel.

Jet-a was either $1.70 or $1.90 per gallon. The Citation was blocking the view from my little ole' Seminole.

On the other side of the coin, I pay $1.85 at Whitesville, NC (CPC) for 100LL and 1.60 for Jet A. (This place rocks because it has a huge ramp and no other airplanes in sight).

I also pay 1.75 for 100LL and 1.50 for Jet A at Elizabethtown, NC (EYF). Need to negotiate here, works like a charm.

I used to pay $3.50+ per gallon for Avgas at Chicago Meigs (Signature), and this was 3 years ago; long before all the OPEC/Middle East stuff started up.

I think it has more to do with FBOs (Signature) gouging us than the actual price of crude oil.

Latest resources

Back