Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

labbats

Zulu who?
A lot of times I want to check the weather before I head out, but all the sites off of www.ilsapproach.com are a bit scetchy on the details. Anyone have a better spot?

By the way -- that's not to say the links off ilsapproach are bad, but I just want something much more like duats without paying the $1200 annual fee.

Just curious why you don't use DUATS? Personally, I use the flight planning & weather parts on the AOPA website (that uses duats though, it just gives you a better radar picture from meteorlogix). fltplan.com also has decent weather charts if you're looking for the big picture.

Don't use duats because I'm at home and it's 4am sometimes before I start traffic watch (nothing is open at the airport to check it there, hell I have to open my own hangar). Need to get a good view of the wx before I start calling out go/no go to the reporters, bosses, etc.

But when I'm flight instructing, I like using duats that they have for us there.

labbats,

If you have Internet access, which it sounds like you do, you can access DUATS on the Web at DUAT.com (my preference) or DUATS.com.

DUATS via AOPA.org myself. Pretty basic visuals, but effective. Aeroplanner.com sometimes for more visual route planning and interactive mapping (click the spot for info, visual TFR's, etc.). Free with my EAA membership.

Excellent replies. Thanks all. I really like aeroplanner.com, I'll have to consider paying the $12 a month and get the premium service. It's a wash if I don't have to keep buying approach plates and L-charts.

Is an EAA membership granted access to anything more than basic service? Can't seem to find out exactly what they get other than a quick blurb about an a-la-carte arrangement with EAA.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back