OneSky Management Stoops To A Brand New Low

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Imissmypilot

Just when I thought it wasn't possible for our management team to show new ways of depravity and disrespect to our pilot group, we get an email from RH proving me wrong. I know for a fact I'm not the only one who feels this way.

For several days I've wrestled with saying anything about RH’s latest. I don't want to be accused of doing the same thing management has done, and continues to do, by bringing this topic up in an open forum, but I just can't get it off my mind and nowhere else is anyone discussing it except in hushed tones around the FBOs. Our disgust needs to be discussed.

Management has gone one step too far in their latest rounds of PR and self aggrandizement by trading on the death of one of our own crewmembers in an effort to "prove" to us we are treated “like family”. I expect nothing less from a big, bald dummy, but surely on some level these messages are being vetted by upper management. Accordingly, they are all to blame for this latest disgusting "commercial" attempting to curry favor. The other previous examples were pretty bad but this one just takes the cake.

I didn't know SD but by all accounts he was a great guy and a big union supporter. I wonder how he'd feel knowing his death is being used as a pawn to decertify something he felt passionately about? I wonder how his wife and kids might feel to know some of their private moments were shared with a group, including strangers, for the purpose of not recognizing the man their husband and father was but rather how awesome the management team he sought protection from rallied to superhero levels in dealing with the unfortunate circumstances surrounding his death while away on company business?

That letter was disgusting and an embarrassment by any professional standard. It is certainly disgusting and an embarrassment by a human standard.

I read the letter to my own wife and she was horrified. She felt grieved for the family on a whole new level and cautioned me against saying anything just in case it was slightly possible remaining mum might keep the family in the dark and save them from the pain of hearing the details of that email. I truly hope my posting here does not do that but seriously I think it's high time these management's ploys are exposed for what they are: self aggrandizing FUD. Under any other circumstance this could reasonably be any one of us whose life and family will be used as pawns to further their self-catering egos.

I know there are some who will defend management's handling of this incident, including the letter, but I have had it. Fact is they had an obligation to return him home. Fact is they will be reimbursed by our own insurance carriers for their expenses in doing so. That letter was disgusting and puts the family, now in a tough situation of dependence based on benefits payouts etc, in an uncomfortable circumstance of having to decide between survival and speaking up, if it were to come to that being neccessary. (I'm sure if pressed we'd get a statement from RH how he had the families permission to share and how grateful they are to him and Kenn for all their efforts.) I'm not trying to be cold but why should RH or the rest of management get brownie points for doing the minimum? Why should we ignore their abuse because they did something right they were obligated to do right?

There is a very good case to be made for our current workload and schedules contributing to whatever conditions led to his death at such a relatively young age. I'm not going to speculate on anything other than my personal circumstance: I know for a fact between the workload, stress and duty times I am less fit under this management team than I ever was with Bombardier. Despite every personal effort to circumvent it, I just simply cannot be as physically fit under our working conditions based on a variety of issues. And if you told me any differently about yourself I'd consider you a stone cold liar.

Flexjet has had several losses by death in the past year but I suppose because there wasn't as much mileage to be gained (or reimbursements to be had) they went by without much notice. I guess that's what makes this stunt by RH so easy to recognize as such. It is is disgusting. I just can't believe management has stooped to this all new low but the proof is in the pudding. I am mad they abused the death of a colleague to further their PR associated agenda. And you should be too.

My father always told me the only good someone does that counts is good he doesn't take credit for. I understand that more clearly now than ever today. I guess that's something the boy scouts don't teach. When did they start ignoring common decency and respect?

An average 55 year old american male has a risk of .002 % of dying today. By OneSky standards in the past year, the risk of one of our pilots dying is hovers around 1%. Why does working at OneSky put me at 500 times greater risk than the general public give or take some variables?

Since Uncle wants to compare us to the military let's do the research. The USAF stats put their pilot death risk at 30/100,000 at any given time during service. AND REMEMBER THEY ARE AT WAR and these stats include all relevancies. So why is their risk is 33 times lower than our own?

Are you starting to get the picture of why working us to the bone is not a good way for "family" to treat each other? Do you really think a benevolent family would increase the odds of death by 33 to 500% just to squeeze a little extra duty time out of us on a given day? But Uncle will. What does that tell you?

Family my ass.

Please PM me the letter they sent out. We did not receive it on the FO side. A lot of us flew with SD and would like to know what management is saying.

Just when I thought it wasn't possible for our management team to show new ways of depravity and disrespect to our pilot group, we get an email from RH proving me wrong. I know for a fact I'm not the only one who feels this way.

For several days I've wrestled with saying anything about RH’s latest. I don't want to be accused of doing the same thing management has done, and continues to do, by bringing this topic up in an open forum, but I just can't get it off my mind and nowhere else is anyone discussing it except in hushed tones around the FBOs. Our disgust needs to be discussed.

Management has gone one step too far in their latest rounds of PR and self aggrandizement by trading on the death of one of our own crewmembers in an effort to "prove" to us we are treated “like family”. I expect nothing less from a big, bald dummy, but surely on some level these messages are being vetted by upper management. Accordingly, they are all to blame for this latest disgusting "commercial" attempting to curry favor. The other previous examples were pretty bad but this one just takes the cake.

I didn't know SD but by all accounts he was a great guy and a big union supporter. I wonder how he'd feel knowing his death is being used as a pawn to decertify something he felt passionately about? I wonder how his wife and kids might feel to know some of their private moments were shared with a group, including strangers, for the purpose of not recognizing the man their husband and father was but rather how awesome the management team he sought protection from rallied to superhero levels in dealing with the unfortunate circumstances surrounding his death while away on company business?

That letter was disgusting and an embarrassment by any professional standard. It is certainly disgusting and an embarrassment by a human standard.

I read the letter to my own wife and she was horrified. She felt grieved for the family on a whole new level and cautioned me against saying anything just in case it was slightly possible remaining mum might keep the family in the dark and save them from the pain of hearing the details of that email. I truly hope my posting here does not do that but seriously I think it's high time these management's ploys are exposed for what they are: self aggrandizing FUD. Under any other circumstance this could reasonably be any one of us whose life and family will be used as pawns to further their self-catering egos.

I know there are some who will defend management's handling of this incident, including the letter, but I have had it. Fact is they had an obligation to return him home. Fact is they will be reimbursed by our own insurance carriers for their expenses in doing so. That letter was disgusting and puts the family, now in a tough situation of dependence based on benefits payouts etc, in an uncomfortable circumstance of having to decide between survival and speaking up, if it were to come to that being neccessary. (I'm sure if pressed we'd get a statement from RH how he had the families permission to share and how grateful they are to him and Kenn for all their efforts.) I'm not trying to be cold but why should RH or the rest of management get brownie points for doing the minimum? Why should we ignore their abuse because they did something right they were obligated to do right?

There is a very good case to be made for our current workload and schedules contributing to whatever conditions led to his death at such a relatively young age. I'm not going to speculate on anything other than my personal circumstance: I know for a fact between the workload, stress and duty times I am less fit under this management team than I ever was with Bombardier. Despite every personal effort to circumvent it, I just simply cannot be as physically fit under our working conditions based on a variety of issues. And if you told me any differently about yourself I'd consider you a stone cold liar.

Flexjet has had several losses by death in the past year but I suppose because there wasn't as much mileage to be gained (or reimbursements to be had) they went by without much notice. I guess that's what makes this stunt by RH so easy to recognize as such. It is is disgusting. I just can't believe management has stooped to this all new low but the proof is in the pudding. I am mad they abused the death of a colleague to further their PR associated agenda. And you should be too.

My father always told me the only good someone does that counts is good he doesn't take credit for. I understand that more clearly now than ever today. I guess that's something the boy scouts don't teach. When did they start ignoring common decency and respect?

Ask RH about Hodges! “Family” ain’t in it! Having been raised a good little Calvinist, I wholeheartedly agree with your father! If you are out banging a drum so people will notice how charitable you are, you aren’t being charitable. You are engaging in self aggrandizement, and the fact they are getting every penny back fro insurance is the proof.

And by the way imissmypilot, now you know why it is not being discussed. They didn’t send it to any of the Options pilots! Gee, I wonder why not...:rolleyes:

And by the way imissmypilot, now you know why it is not being discussed. They didn’t send it to any of the Options pilots! Gee, I wonder why not...:rolleyes:

However, did you notice that TP and FW got a "special", individual cc? What's their connection or importance to this topic other than being the officers on record for the decert movement?

Did RH make a mistake or was this just a subtle FU to the pilot group?

Our Options brothers knew him best. If this were about honoring a colleague with a special story, why wouldn't they be included?

Seriously, this is lower than I ever thought they could go. It's outrageous and disgusting.

Latest resources

Back