• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

One Union One Contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You know we at the "regionals" already outnumber those at the "majors" and we could take over ALPA from the inside if we could all agree on something. However this will never happen because their are those "regionals" out there who think that if they just take a little lower pay maybe they can jump ahead of those "regionals" that demand to be paid what they are worth. However they never will be because of the aforementioned group. Now I know I'm one of the biggest MESA bashers on this board. But I'm serious we could replace Duane Worthless with a regional pilot at the next BOD (Board of Directors) meeting in Oct 07 but we"regional pilots" would actually have to band together as a group and that is something i personally think is impossible. Anyway just my 2 cents.

ultrarunner said:
I'm with ya. And not just a day...a couple of weeks. Right now, DAL, UAL, NWA, USAir, et. al., have been, and are getting raped. Haven't even put up a fight.

I gotta belive that if all those groups I just mentioned, walked off in unity in protest of what the govenment and management has done to them it would get noticed. And in a big FRIGGIN WAY!

You don't think that kunt sitting on the bench would change her attitude when she's stuck on the ground over the holidays, and her family stuck in airports, or all those suites on the Hill?

You bet your bottom.

This industy needs a national walk out, and now is the perfect time. Walk on midnight of Nov. 22 and tell the world you'll be in touch! If Alpa pilots squander this opportunity, they have no one to blame but themselves for the end result.

And it really is as simple as that.

I am all for that!! A national walk-out will definetly do the trick and make these ignorant pukes wake up and smell what they are shovelin!

Nov 22, I am walkin!! WHOS WITH ME?!?

ex j-41 said:
Just an idea... But if we had only one contract one union and we all had to
have a minimum amount of experience to be a part of the union then
this whipsawing would not happen and it would be a win-win for all.
Fares would raise to what they should be.
Airlines would have to be efficient with resources, sales and marketing
rather than relying just on cutting labor costs to make a profit.
Or do we need an administration that cares about labor first?

http://www.ibew.org/links/index.htm

Commie!

This is a brilliant idea! Let's force a piss poor product on the American people and make them pay an inflated price for it! Let's force the American people to pay an inflated price so that I can be paid what I think I need to be paid! Hell, I had no idea that regional pilots were paid so little! I had no idea that every swing dick around was trying to play fly boy. I can't believe that DCA, FlightSafety, Phoenix East, Riddle, UND, ATP, Tab, Gulfstream, etc. lied to me and told me that there was a pilot shortage. I can't believe I havn't made captain this year. I have a 1000 hours and 100 in a Dutchess. What gives? I can't beleive that I got into a market that runs on razor thin margains in the good times and is over diluted with capacity which is why I got my job in the first place! How dare those management bastards! I want to play pilot and I want to make a 100K, lets force the American people to pay what WE want them to pay. To hell with 2005 and free market! Let's bring back the CAB and 1978 Regulation baby! Yeah!

Commie?

Commie?

No far from it.

I am just smart enough to know that Capitalism has its faults. And must be
somewhat regulated or EVIL people will do EVIL things.

suupah said:
I hate to say it, but i think that America needs to feel a day without pilots and see what the airlines do for the country and maybe we can get more popular support. Right now they could care less other than getting a low ticket fare.

Beyond what happens to vacationers and recreational travelers, I bet people don't realize just how much airtravel effects the economy and stability of their lives. It is about time.

And ultrarunners repsonse to this is the icing on the biggest cake of ignorance.

There will be no SOS!!!! SOS is illegal in the RLA. For the very reason quoted above........

C'mon guys...you aren't this stupid. You are smart enough to get a pilots license.... pick up a book and inform yourselves...

Legacy Pilots with 20 year ALPA pins and ALPA-PAC stickers on thier flight case calling for a SOS.... Priceless....

There are many reasons this Profession is going away. Ignorance is one of them...

suupah said:
I hate to say it, but i think that America needs to feel a day without pilots and see what the airlines do for the country and maybe we can get more popular support. Right now they could care less other than getting a low ticket fare.

Beyond what happens to vacationers and recreational travelers, I bet people don't realize just how much airtravel effects the economy and stability of their lives. It is about time.

And ultrarunners repsonse to this is the icing on the biggest cake of ignorance.

There will be no SOS!!!! SOS is illegal in the RLA. For the very reason quoted above........

C'mon guys...you aren't this stupid. You are smart enough to get a pilots license.... pick up a book and inform yourselves...

Also, every month I hear Legacy Pilots with 20 year ALPA pins and ALPA-PAC stickers on thier flight case calling for a SOS.... Priceless....

There are many reasons this Profession is going away. Ignorance is one of them...

Latest resources

Back