• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

One Time Fee for Lifetime CFI Renewal?

zkmayo

Total Time
9000+
Does anyone know if there is a CFI Renewal program where you pay a one time fee for a lifetime of renewals? I thought Jeppesen or AOPA/ASF had one of these sometime. Has it been done away with?

Thanks

Lead Sled

Sitt'n on the throne...
Total Time
> enuf
Check out www.americanflyers.net. I've been using them for several years now. It's probably not the best program, but the price is certainly right. I'd do it again.

'Sled

convair007

Total Time
5000+
I signed up for the American Flyers program as well. The price is nice, but I agree with lead sled... the program isn't the greatest. Although, I could renew for free this time around, instead I went with Jepps and have been much more satisfied. AF seemed much to wordy and dry. I guess it's up to the individual, but I feel I've gotten much more out of the Jepps.

Rogue5

Adult Swim junkie
Total Time
~5k
I signed up for the AF one time deal purely for the cost aspect, but later found out I could have saved even more by just going down to the ORD FSDO: they'll renew your CFI if you currently serve as a FAR 121 PIC as in their minds that satisfies the "regular evauluation of pilots" clause as long as you bring in copies of pilot evals we fill out for our FOs.

Check in with your local branch.