Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FlyBarneyJets

Go Kings, Go!!
I know it's been mentioned here before, but it's release is imminent!

http://onesixright.com/

(Lest anyone call me a Hollywood Lackey, I was compensated very fairly for this shameless plug. It's amazing what a few movie posters and two tickets to the premiere will get me to do.)

Go see it if you can! It promises to be a great documentary film!

How do the rest of us get the posters and premiere tickets? ;)

The premiere was last night and all I have to say is:

GO SEE THIS MOVIE!

Many of us here are passionate about what we do. Many of us have a love for flying that runs so deeply in our hearts that people wonder about our very sanity. This movie is born of that love.

Brian J. Terwilliger was as many of us were: a small child, fingers latched onto the chain-link fence of the airport viewing area, watching as airplane after airplane sailed by. He followed the dream of that small child and learned to fly at the Van Nuys Airport. Unfortunately for him, he was unable to pursue a career as a professional aviator. Fortunately for us, he pursued a career in cinema instead. It's his passion and love for both that has created a masterpiece in One Six Right: The Romance of Flying.

The movie tells two stories: the story of man's love of the skies and the dreams men have of getting there, and the story of a place where the love and dreams come together to make history. Through interviews with the airport's aviators, controllers, and business owners, as well as experts like Barry Schiff and Phil Boyer, One Six Right tells the complete story of the Van Nuys Airport and its importance to our community. The movie is presented in High Definition with shots so visually stunning as to leave you nearly speechless. All of this is played against the backdrop of a wonderfully original soundtrack.

Though this movie is an absolute must for anyone involved in aviation, it's also a perfect film to show to those who aren't. This documentary is truly one that everyone will enjoy. Even opponents of your local airport operation might be enlightened by the stories told in this film! Whether you're familiar with VNY or not, this documentary will move you, inspire you, and bring back memories.

So, GO SEE THIS MOVIE! And please spread the word about this wonderful, inspirational work of art!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go watch the video of my first solo flight. It happened on the Fourth of April, 1994, at (you guessed it) Van Nuys Airport.

Last edited:
VNY...an identifier that I long to write in my logbook...hopefully, someday, it will happen. After watching that trailer I *really* want to write it down in the "TO" column.

I'll go see anything that has a cockpit shot of a Falcon 10 in it! I had to look at it twice to make sure I saw correctly...a DA-10 in-flight cockpit shot in the trailer. That's the last aircraft I expected to see in this film!

Last edited:
Where is it playing? I looked at the website and all I could find was a DVD.

It's not out in the theaters quite yet. Keep an eye on the website for information on when and where it will be playing.

Always have fond memories of VNY..

Practicing touch and goes on 16L with the smell of both Tommy's and the Budweiser plant filling the cockpit on those warm summer days!! Looking down on the 405 and watching the bumper to bumper traffic at 1 in the afternoon....

I miss SO CAL!!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back