Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Once upon a time there was a small company called Chautauqua..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I once worked for an airline that could have gone where CHQ has gone except for their conviction that "the 19 seat market is a viable niche market".

Dipsticks-they are gone now for lack of vision and competence.

Yet one has to wonder-if SWA didn't win the bid for Frontier-an airline name (for those who have been around awhile) best associated with almost succeeding year after year (sort of like Midway)-perhaps SWA begged out and has set up a would be competitor up for failure.

Only time will tell...

I remember those years at Allegheny, most captains refused to give the jump seat to any Chautauqua pilots. Us Airways shut Allegheny shut down and then most of those idiots end up working for Chautauqua.

It’s amazing how things can change in a couple of years. All of you guys that hated this company!!!! Minus well learn to live with it, and maybe work for it.

Never underestimate those small companies.
Who are they buying next?

God Job Republic Airways.

I too remember:

Once upon a time;

Mothers wanted their daughters to marry Airline Pilots.
An Airline Pilot could afford to buy 1 new car per month with Cash.
An Airline Pilot had a good pension.
Flight Attendants were cute and trim.
A union was strong and formidable.
Captains used to treat dinners.
Pilots were not afraid to strike for betterment of their careers.

What is your point?? As an Industry, the pay and benefits just dropped a notch.

CYA

Last edited:
"...might as well"...?

Sort of like "french benefits". I guess.

Wish Chautauqua would honor their owner's jumpseat agreement with us! Been turned away at the gate every time, even after jumping in to CVG in the Delta system.

What a joke this guy is..

go back to playing nintendo at your mom's basement and let the adults interact in this forum..

" remember those years at Allegheny, most captains refused to give the jump seat to any Chautauqua pilots. Us Airways shut Allegheny shut down and then most of those idiots end up working for Chautauqua.

It’s amazing how things can change in a couple of years. All of you guys that hated this company!!!! Minus well learn to live with it, and maybe work for it.

Never underestimate those small companies.
Who are they buying next?

God Job Republic Airways."

Heck, I remember when Chautauqua actually flew into Jamestown, NY.

Do any of you iPod wearing, backpack slinging, hair tip frosting newbs even know where that is?

Nu

1: DEREGULATION!!! Try that for starters. 2: Mainline Pilots refusing to fly smaller jets, (which should be at mainline), to then allow their brothers and sisters to get sold down the river and then Furloughed to have to work at a regional. 3: Greedy Managament!!! There are your main contributing factors.

I once worked for an airline that could have gone where CHQ has gone except for their conviction that "the 19 seat market is a viable niche market".

Dipsticks-they are gone now for lack of vision and competence.

Yet one has to wonder-if SWA didn't win the bid for Frontier-an airline name (for those who have been around awhile) best associated with almost succeeding year after year (sort of like Midway)-perhaps SWA begged out and has set up a would be competitor up for failure.

Only time will tell...

In the mid 90's, American Eagle MEC signed a 13 year no strike contract to get 50 seat EMB's. How's that working out?

Last edited:
It's a tapestry of justice in a doggy-dog world. If the mod's banned this guy it would be good riddans, but I could care less.

"Minus well:" That's a good one.

Heh.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back