Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Once upon a time there was a small company called Chautauqua..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In the mid 90's, American Eagle MEC signed a 13 year no strike contract to get 50 seat EMB's. How's that working out?

I'm not sure how exactly that relates to my comments-but just a couple of days ago a colleague was urging me to put my CV in with SWA. The reason he gave was "that when they get Frontier they'll do what they did to ATA and then crush United."

So yeah, if you think that it's a good thing for CHQ that's fine to believe so. I've been in the business long enough and seen enough of management's plans bite them in the arse that to know that the only thing we can be certain of in the business is uncertainty.

As for Eagle, AA or any other wholly boned AMR subsidiary-

It's an old joke and not without a large measure of truth-

Ya know what SABRE stands for don't you?

Some AMR Bastard Ruined Everything!

Last edited:
Once upon a time there was a small company called ________________. Over time this company grew into _______________, and later collapsed into insolvency.

The correct answer is:

A.) Pan American Airways / Pan American World Airways
B.) Pitcairn Aviation / Eastern Air Lines
C.) Braniff Airways / Braniff International Airways
D.) Ambassadair / American Trans Air (ATA)
E.) Trans Pacific Airlines / Aloha Airlines
F.) All of the above.

Enjoy it while you can.

You forgot "Trans World Airlines". Stay away from any airline with "Trans" or "Global" in their name/callsign. History proves you'll crash, be hijacked or go bankrupt.

Silly kids.......

It's funny how when an airline (regardless of size) is doing well you'll find the pilot thumping their chest, claiming their airline is the best and it's due to the pilot group.

Then the same airline falls upon hard times, the pilot group is one of the most noisy about how management is screwing things up and killing the company.

Bottom line is management will do what they want and when they want. Yes, contracts are out there, but how has that helped pilot groups. Look at reduced wages, lost pension funds, reduced benefits, redcued QOL, schedule changes favoring the company and the list goes on.

This lame thread starter most likely only knows about the history from reading about it and not living it. He is still star-struck by the senior captains telling war stories to him.

SpauldingSmails

looking into the future

Continental/ Republic Airways
Usairways/Republic Airways
American/Mesa

Keep an eye on those two companies Republic and Mesa..
you all going to end up working for them anyway.

5 years from now you'll see.

So start buying your backpacks and iPods boys and girls.

SpauldingSmails

looking into the future

Continental/ Republic Airways
Usairways/Republic Airways
American/Mesa

Keep an eye on those two companies Republic and Mesa..
you all going to end up working for them anyway.

5 years from now you'll see.

So start buying your backpacks and iPods boys and girls.

I got mine already- DRINK SOME MORE KOOLAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember those years at Allegheny, most captains refused to give the jump seat to any Chautauqua pilots. Us Airways shut Allegheny shut down and then most of those idiots end up working for Chautauqua.

It’s amazing how things can change in a couple of years. All of you guys that hated this company!!!! Minus well learn to live with it, and maybe work for it.

Never underestimate those small companies.
Who are they buying next?

God Job Republic Airways.

'Das right Shaniqua; girl, you so fine!

I remember those years at Allegheny, most captains refused to give the jump seat to any Chautauqua pilots. Us Airways shut Allegheny shut down and then most of those idiots end up working for Chautauqua.

It’s amazing how things can change in a couple of years. All of you guys that hated this company!!!! Minus well learn to live with it, and maybe work for it.

Never underestimate those small companies.
Who are they buying next?

God Job Republic Airways.

I heard that Chautauqua guys get pretty good French benifits.

I heard that Chautauqua guys get pretty good French benifits.

For the life of me I can't possibly imagine why your comment brought to mind the movie line "Sleep well and dream of large women."

Their FA's perhaps turning sideways and squeezing themselves down the aisle perhaps???

(things that make you go :puke:)

Latest resources

Back